ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you factory reset patches on MB-1  (Read 3811 times)

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !

I am a guitar player and been playing ada gear for years. I just got a mb-1 and did the battery holder mod (battery was of course dead) and all the patches are blank now and I wanted to hear some samples of factory patches to start with any help would be appreciated thanks Steve.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: How do you factory reset patches on MB-1
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, what firmware (EPROM) version is it ?  The last release was v2.05 which included CC functionality.Press the STORE button.  It will light
Press the BANL button + 1
The dispaly will read PrESEtS LoAdEd and returns to play mode
Have a good read of the manual(s), it has 256 user locations and a couple of different modes.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

bunkyloo

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks it is actually a 1.19. It sounds very good and its extremely clean. I just opened it up sprayed it out cleaned the pots put it back together zero issues. I also found a B500b in great shape as well and I bi amped it into a peavey 1810 sounds pretty good now I just need to learn how to play bass haha. A bit much for a beginner on bass but since I am very familiar with ada and as cheap as I got everything couldn't go wrong. The MB-1  I picked up on ebay for $175 USD and the B500b I found online used for $200 USD and the 1810 locally for $70 USD. I am pretty happy.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Nice  :thumb-up: .  They are great units

bunkyloo

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks Richard  I knew you would help me out because you have guitar and bass rigs .   :banana:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, to easy my friend  :wave: .  I'm lucky to have 2 MB1s, 1 in my studio rig and 1 in the live rack and both have been to MJMP for TLC.  They both have MDRTs, a very worthwhile addition IMHO, and the latest v2.05 EPROM (which lets me CC control them with my MXC exp pedal and quad switch).  I don't know if mine have the burr brown opp amps  :dunno: , a must have Peter recons, and he's our MB1 guru (particularly from a user perspective  :thumb-up: ).I seem to have settled on patch 14 (I haven't changed any patches they just sound so good as is) as my go to.In my live rig, there's also my main MP2 and my Alembic has (sort of) stereo out. So I tried bridge PU to MP2 and neck PU to MB1 (both preamps (including the MP2 cab sim outs) go to small desk and I mix in some stereo delay and reverb, turn off the MP2 main outs and the cab sim outs up) then B200s > 2 x Messa P112s (melt me..).Anyway, enjoy  :whoohoo!: , my experience of it (Guit to Bass), was yes you know where the notes are and you can play them, but you have to do bass things with them rather than guitar things (well for the most part  >:D ).  I also found it's much better playing with your fingers and not a pick (well pick sometimes but rarely).
Pages: [1]   Go Up