Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Digitech Studio Quad V2

(1/7) > >>

rabidgerry:
Hey Fellas,

anyone ever used or had experience with a Digitech Studio QUAD 4?  Looking at this for a new live/studio rig I am building.  I'm using the a Boss SX700 currently and whilst it sounds great I had the level/mix controls.  Way too complex for my liking.  Having used a lot of Boss stuff over the years, this take the biscuit in regards to unnecessarily complicated system of controling effect and dry mix.

Anyways long story short, I want another unit, that does the job, and the digitech maet my live needs as it has a harmonizer on it.  This is not essential in my studio setup since I have multiple great harmonizing units, but since I can't have a huge rack live, a need a unit that can do a basic harmonist function as well as my reverbs and choruses and delays and I stumbled upon this unit as a possiblity.

Anyone any clue about it?  I might be able to pick up a V2 very cheaply.

Eventually live I aim to move to midi control also and have only a midi contoller on the flloor and get rid of my Boss GT5 (it will be kep though for ultra light weight rig options for abroad).

vansinn:
Haven't had one myself, but it's engine is pretty similar to the TSR-24.
IIMC, the Quad can do four mono tracks or two stereo or one stereo plus two mono.
However, it's somewhat limited in it's programming, meaning you can't set up effects chains any which way you might want.
But, if you have the need for processing two stereo tracks (or one of the other combinations) in one compact device, whilst not really needing loads of custom programming options, it's a device hard to beat.
Sound quality is excellent; you won't be disappointed.

rabidgerry:
Thanks Van
my needs are basic.  I need the ability to have Chorus Delay and Reverb in that order (and not all on at once) and when I aint got chorus on the ability to have pitch shift/harmonising on with reverb.

Probably not the biggest demands in the world.  However I would expect to be able to turn effects on and off at leisure and also various settings with use of midi.  You know what a QUAD sounds like then?

MarshallJMP:
Just have been going thru the manual and it seems to me it's very limited in what you can with it. If I where you I would the manual carefully before you buy it.
Also it doesn't seem to have an intelligent pitch shifter either.

Systematic Chaos:
The Studio Quad (V2) ain`t that bad but it`s not what you're looking for. There's also a slight switching latency and (as MJMP already said) the Pitch Shifter id a Pitch Shifter, not a Harmonizer (not intelligent).
Hunt down a used Digitech GSP1101 (dubbed "the poor man's AxeFX; they pop up for cheap), hook up whatever of your Preamps you want to in 4 cable method and you're set for a long run with everything you want and need in a compact 2u config.
With the latest Beta C63 FW you have a more than usable intelligent pitch shifter with very decent tracking and can load up to 10 user cab IRs in the GSP1101.

I have both the GSP1101 and the old VGS2120 as well as an AxeFXII and some other gizmos...hit me up if you wanna know some more in depth...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version