Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Hafler T2 - Anyone heard of this or had any experience??

(1/10) > >>

rabidgerry:
So I got this the other day

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hafler-T2-valve-guitar-preamp-/162377957429?nma=true&si=ZiNYrdFjKMNum17HGW4s7kPugjY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

no idea about these things other than they are US built.  I have come across very little info on them, but anything I have read is generally positve.  Anyone have any info they can share about this preamp?

I bought it for the hell of it as I won it for quite cheap and no one else bid on it.  I wanted a basic preamp and possible backup just incase (yeah cause I don't have backups already lol who am I kidding   :facepalm:  GAS)

If this is shit sure I will sell it on but let's hope it's good.

rnolan:
Hey RG, never come across them before but looks like fun  :dunno: .   Let us know what you think when you get it. (it could probably use new tubes LoL..). Probably go ok in a loop ? (if you like the tone)

Samuraipanda:
I knew a local guy that had one and he ran it through a Rivera TBR power amp. I thought it ripped.

I have a demo of his somewhere on cassette in my archives. I'll have to dig it up.

rabidgerry:

--- Quote from: Samuraipanda on February 08, 2017, 09:40:24 AM ---I knew a local guy that had one and he ran it through a Rivera TBR power amp. I thought it ripped.

I have a demo of his somewhere on cassette in my archives. I'll have to dig it up.

--- End quote ---

Those would be good to hear SM if you can get em transferred.

When you say ripped do you mean in a good way?

If it turns out to be a little demon then hell yeah I'll be happy.  I got it for £110.  Guy was looking £160 but no one hit the "buy it now option" and no one else bid but me so could be a little steal!  Or perhaps a turd.  I like the stereo loop option.  Very handy.

Kim:
Seems like a good score, RG.    I've heard of these, but never actually tried one or knew anyone local that I could check one out.  At thast price, doesn't hurt to try it....if it's a turd you can throw it back on the market.

Now, I recommend you send me that crappy Peavey Rockmaster you have hanging about as soon as possible...    ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version