Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Advice on hooking up several pre amps

<< < (2/8) > >>

GuitarBuilder:
I run three ADA's in parallel, but never all at the same time.  I use Lehle's 1 at 3 for the input, 3 at 1 for the output slaved together via MIDI.

vansinn:

--- Quote from: GuitarBuilder on November 06, 2016, 08:02:00 PM ---I run three ADA's in parallel, but never all at the same time.  I use Lehle's 1 at 3 for the input, 3 at 1 for the output slaved together via MIDI.

--- End quote ---

Yep, and all that's needed will be a splitter to drive the 3-4 preamps.
If some are non-programmable, simply use a programmable mixer to sum them, and use it's internal per-channel volume to control the mixing.

There's got to be some programmable [stereo] rack mixer with build-in effects too. This would allow mixing preamps while also do away with the usual stand-alone effects device.
Time to go peek'n'poke the net..

EDIT: And one of the first hits were the Behringer X32 rack mixer: https://geartechs.com/store/pdfs/behringer/behringer_x32-rack.pdf
Now, at first glance, it seems rather overkill, but read on..
It'll  mix more preamps than your spouse will allow ;)
It has build-in effects
It has a mix bus, so inputs  (pre's) can be routed to/fro effects
You can mix, send to effects, and then route out to external amps, and wire the cab/mics back in
It's programmable, has MIDI too
It has both USB and Firewire for direct recording
It has more than enough inputs to also serve as your home recording interface
Costs a mere $1300 new

Saw one at €800 on ebay.de - and a Braun MX32 Standmixer at just €9 :lol:

gibsonrich:
Thanks for all the input. All good advice

Kim:

--- Quote from: gibsonrich on November 07, 2016, 05:50:39 AM ---Thanks for all the input. All good advice

--- End quote ---

Except for the Braun mixer...unless you only plan on mixing cake and brownies with it.   Lol

Dante:

--- Quote from: Kim on November 07, 2016, 07:09:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: gibsonrich on November 07, 2016, 05:50:39 AM ---Thanks for all the input. All good advice

--- End quote ---

Except for the Braun mixer...unless you only plan on mixing cake and brownies with it.   Lol

--- End quote ---

There's Kim - Helping out  :lol:

Thanks for asking about this GR - That has always perplexed me, how you guys run several preamps at the same time. I keep my stuff SIMPLE for a good reason, I don't like to think....gets me into trouble when I do  :thumb-up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version