Non ADA Gear > Rack Gear

Advice on hooking up several pre amps

(1/8) > >>

gibsonrich:
I want to be able to select from 4 or 5 pre amps and also run them at the same time in parallel if I want. Does this sound like it would work - I am thinking if I plug into an 8 channel bypass looper and hook up my pre amps 1 to each send of the switch and not return to the switch but rather out to my Rane 8 Chanel mixer then out to my power amp. That way I can select from my pre amps or any combo of them. Does this sound like it would Work? Or any other ideas would be great. Thanks

vansinn:
Yes, it'll work; you'll have to live with all preamps being i parallel, though.

You could also shop a looper/router with programmable send/returns; some of those have programmable send- and return-levels, some can also route channels in series and/or parallel, which is what you really desire.

To my memory, most are mono-only, while some have a combination of most channels mono and two or three being stereo.
I don't remember which are which. Maybe Roland/Boss; they at least have this as a floorboard MIDI controller + looper/router board.

EDIT: Hey dude, haha, I didn't really notice who asked, sorry 'bout that. Good to see ya again! :wave:

gibsonrich:
Hey Van nice to see you. I want them in parallel . That way I can choose or a/b my mp1, mp2, classic, mesa boogie etc.  Or even combine some. Blend your favorite pre amps

Soloist:
I run 4 preamps which I can run 1,2,3 or 4 at once.
I run into a voodo labs amp selector, it runs the 4 pre's plus a tuner out. After that they run into my 8 channel stereo line mixer ( Alesis multimix8 rack unit). Then out to my effects and power amp. Seach the rig pics thread I think I put a schematic in there. :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP:
Hey GR

Another possibility is run all the preamps into a mixer and use the master volume as a sort of send level to the mixer,this way you blend the preamps and even take them out if you set the master to zero.And you don't need an extra looper/ switcher.Now this will only work with programmable preamps. But for the ADA's it won't be a problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version