ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Viper Input Jack  (Read 3568 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Viper Input Jack
« on: Time Format »

So...my Viper was working fine at home, then I went to the gig and my input jack was giving me grief. the amp was quiet, not loud at all. I could switch channels, but the clean was almost silent. I unplugged the cable from the input jack and it suddenly got loud, for a half a second.

It's not the cable, I used that for the rest of the night with my Flyrig plugged into the Crate power block. I took the Viper amp out of the box, to change the input jack. It's one of those plastic housing 1/4 inch jacks made of plastic. Where can I get another on of these?

For now, the Viper box and speaker are acting as a speaker cab and it sounds pretty dang good. - haha. The Celestion is warm sounding

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
Re: Viper Input Jack
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Get that resolved yet, Dante?   

I can't remember what that part looked like, so I for one don't have any definite idea for it but replacing Input jacks don't scare me.  There's always a way to get one in there even if it isn't the exact same part.    :thumb-up: 

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Sorry man, YES! YES I DID.

I emailed poor MJMP a hundred times to be sure I was ordering the right jacks. They took a while, but they finally arrived. I desoldered the old ones (carefully, and very slowly) and then soldered in the new ones (quickly, but pretty neatly).

Wholly Crap, are they better. Not only do they work perfectly, it's really easy to just slide the cord into the jack - like it's got some wienerschleider on it. Now, I need to replace the rest..the two loop jacks are stiff (like the input jack was) and the direct out jack is too. I'll order more and take care of it.

So nice to have the Viper back, it's a beast. Still reminds me of my ol' MP-1 - with a noise gate, and a speaker emulator, and a power amp, and a speaker cab.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Excellent!   :thumb-up:

Pages: [1]   Go Up