ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Edit Function after replacing battery and eprom  (Read 666 times)

potus2028

I recently replaced the battery in a 1.38, along with an upgrade to the 2.01 eprom. I also installed a battery holder, rather than solder it directly to the board.

Once done, the memory worked fine...eprom loaded up new presets, etc. just fine.

But now the edit function does not work. Press the button and nothing. All other buttons are working fine...

I don't want to junk it. Need some ideas, please...

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Gerry, mmm not good  :facepalm: .  My first though was Memory Protect (which comes with L2 upgrade) turned on (press STORE then BANK + 8 to toggle on/off) but that is to allow or prevent system exclusive messages changing the memory (when connected to PC via Midi etc.), not to stop you editing it from the front panel.  Did it (edit) work before you changed the eprom?  What you could do in the meantime is use the MP-1 PC editing program (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=573.0), you need to install the program and connect the MP-1 via midi to your PC and Memory Protect must be off.  I've also attached a later MP-1 editor one of our members developed, IIRC it also works for MB-1s  :dunno: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up