ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a bad week  (Read 6701 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Having a bad week
« on: Time Format »

Where do I start? :facepalm:
Well, the weekend gig went well but soon after the  :poop: hit the fan.

First off I was writing a couple new tracks when my BBE462 made a pop and let out a puff of smoke, then on Tuesday night at band practice my Sabine rack tuner decided it had enough and wouldn't power on. Not to bad considering I have had it since 1990. Then today my back went out! :dunno: WTF :???:

Having a week where nothing is going right. I did replace my BBE as noted in another post. This morning I picked up a Korg DTR 2000 for $40.00. I actually like it better than the Sabine, it has a ton of tuning options, easier to read from across the stage and I can mute it thru my G major 2 relay and Ground control Pro.
Afraid to touch anything else. :nono: At least the next gig isn't until Oct 24th!
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Having a bad week
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Here in Belgium we say;an accident never comes alone!

DorsetRatt

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Play if safe this week ... remember to fold the toilet paper three times  ;D
Preamps: MP-1, MP-1 Classic, MP-2, Soldano SP-77, Piranha
Guitars: Sutch Siran Headless, Palm Bay Tidalwave, ESP M-1, Gibson Flying V

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

El Chiguete

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

When it rains, it pours my friend!!!

This happend to me this september too: first my effects processor went crazy, then my motorcycle started leaking oil, then BOTH of the speaker cables I made like a year ago went bad THE SAME DAY (rusted on the inside) and one was even a backup that I never use!, and then my car's radiator f*cked up for the second time in less than 2 months!!!!! I was going to look for a new car un december but after that I rushed things and bought a newer one last tuesday.... but that wasn't the end of it! What happends then you ask? 2 days latter someone stoled one of the side mirrors!!!!!!! Well after allmost going out and shooting someone I looked myself in my house for the weekend and did nothing!

Now comes october and I think it will be a better month because yesterday night looks like I fixed the problem on my processor, the other day my mechanic cabe my the house and looked at the bike and gave me the ok to use it becuase looks like it was only that I over fill the engine oil and some went out by the drain, next week a new mirror I bought on eBay gets here, and its my bday too so I will be spendig a few days in a beach resort to chill out and get drunk partying!!!
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Soloist

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Play if safe this week ... remember to fold the toilet paper three times  ;D

hahahahaha.. sound words of wisdom from DorsetRatt! :lol:

Man El you had a shit ass week as well!

One good thing, I got some really good drugs from the doctor for my back :whoohoo!:
However he also told me no axe slinging for a couple weeks :nono: Damn I don't know if I can do that.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist, I spose you just have to grit and bear it  :facepalm: have you been to see an austeo or cyro ?? to help sort out your back ??
@El man what a pain..feel for you
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Soloist

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey rnolan, no cyro I have 3 herniated discs according to the MRI. So surgery is one option or I just deal with it. Not opting for surgery.
I found I can play sitting down for about 30 minutes then I need a break. Plus playing on these meds makes it hard to concentrate and my fingers are slow.
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

Rusty

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey man, I hope you get better soon, I can only imagine what you are going through. Alternative treatments can work wonders with lots of people, I think you should at least look into that one also to relieve pain.

Soloist

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey man, I hope you get better soon, I can only imagine what you are going through. Alternative treatments can work wonders with lots of people, I think you should at least look into that one also to relieve pain.
Thanks Rusty! I am checking into a few options. :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

You hang in there, Soloist

Speed ain't everything. I know, it's not what you're talking about...you mean your fingers are slower...I get that. All I'm saying is, work that to your advantage

No pressure, just encouragement

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Going back to my teens here (long time ago..), the biggest down side to any opiate or derivative (I'm assuming that's what they prescribed for you ?) is that they turn/dull down you "feeling(s)" (if that's what they have you on ?). I found it hard to fathom how anyone can play music on that stuff, I tried, morphine may be a great pain suppressant, it's not good (or any opiate) for playing (unless (it seems) for some who are teetering on the edge of brilliance/loosing it). It doesn't just slow you down, it makes you not care/feel in the same way. And yes it also slows you down  :facepalm:

Soloist

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Thanks Dante!
I noticed if I lay off the muscle relaxers my fingers aren't as slow.

I also agree with rnolan that the pain killers give me a I don't give a f#%k attitude which I wish wasn't the case because those really help. :facepalm: Physical therapy is also helping. Feeling a bit better each day, but I wanted to thank you guys all for your support :thumb-up:
Live Rig:
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Every day gets a bit easier, keep telling yourself that. It's gotten me through some times when I really didn't see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's there...just gotta be patient

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist, "feeling a bit better each day" is really encouraging to hear  :wave: , as Dante says, you'll get there  :thumb-up:
Pages: [1]   Go Up