ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Koch ATR-4502 Power Amp  (Read 18321 times)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
Re: Koch ATR-4502 Power Amp
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions once you get the amp.
Not to hi-jack your thread though....I been also eying the Palmer Macht 402. At 3.8kg and 2x100w @8ohms it also looks promising (especially at the price point of 288€ (Thomann)/245GBP (Andertons))
Review: http://blog.adamhall.com/en/2016/04/25/palmer-macht-402-powerhouse-test-report-by-gitarre-bass/
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Very cool SC  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #32 on: Time Format »

Hey Gerry,

I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions once you get the amp.
Not to hi-jack your thread though....I been also eying the Palmer Macht 402. At 3.8kg and 2x100w @8ohms it also looks promising (especially at the price point of 288€ (Thomann)/245GBP (Andertons))
Review: http://blog.adamhall.com/en/2016/04/25/palmer-macht-402-powerhouse-test-report-by-gitarre-bass/

I have also saw this amp and thought it would be a good buy.  I saw one second hand going for a very good price a few weeks ago, but I kinda had my heart set on the Koch.

I like the options that the Palmer has and would consider it had I not got two Velocity's, however, the Velocity Reactance vibe is a lot more appealing.  I dunno what that amp has inside it but it's very dynamic  It's not like a normal SS amp at all.  I heard the 150 isn't as good as the 300 also bare that in mind if you're making a comparison with the Palmer.  I'd love to try the Rocktron Mainline as well  :thumb-up:  But since we are talking weight here, Rockron amp get's ruled out.

The Palmer is very, very light!
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #33 on: Time Format »

Ok so the deal fell through, or rather I could not accept it as I was unable to avoid the VAT which drove the price up too much for me.  Shame.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #34 on: Time Format »

The deal is a back on, the dude is gonna try help me out further on the price by seeing if he can get one with some cosmetic flaws that he can sell me with yet a further reduction.

Lets hope this amp at 90watts total is worth it.  I ain't spending £400 + on something that isn't going to destroy small buildings!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #35 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, cool, I hope it works out  :metal: . And interested to get your opinion on it  :thumb-up: .
Ahhh  >:D destroy small buildings, my 72 Marshall 50 is good at that LoL, my record with that amp is you could here it clearly 13km away, through the bush/forest  :whoohoo!:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #36 on: Time Format »

Fire Power!  That's loud Richard.

I really hope this amp is up to the job.  I can't fathom these guy's making an amp that will not be loud enough to play in a live band setup.  I go to 4.5-5 on the volumes of my Rocktron Velocity, at gigs with only two cabs may be about 5-6.  Come on Koch don't fail me  :facepalm:  I have the money, I just need to wait until the factory opens back up again after holidays.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #37 on: Time Format »

Well the deal is back on the table.  Should hopefully have the amp by next week!

Fingers crossed the amp is worth it.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #38 on: Time Format »

Good luck man, and let us know how it shakes out  :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #39 on: Time Format »

We'll it's here

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #40 on: Time Format »

Cool  :whoohoo!: , looks a bit boxy though LoL.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #41 on: Time Format »

:lol:  It does!

I wont get testing until Saturday.

MikeB

« Reply #42 on: Time Format »

Ooh,  Gerry.  You are such a tease!  :nono:
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #43 on: Time Format »

haha not on purpose!  If I could test it right away I would!

Keen to see if what I have been told.  So it's 90 watts, but apparently delivers the same amount of DB as a class D 600-700watt amp.  I have a 400watt class D amp and that's loud as hell!  So looking forward to seeing if this claim is true.

bunkyloo

• Tones for days with my ADA's !
« Reply #44 on: Time Format »

Yeah I can't wait for the feedback on .t.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up