ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Gain Mod  (Read 4148 times)

Dna^Yay

Stock Gain Mod
« on: Time Format »

Hello all

Was contemplating doing the stock gain mod so my MP-1 stays near enough stock but with some extra gain. Was wondering who has done this and also what your opinions are on the mod?

Also i have passive pickups in my Vigier and removing Input Fet Buffer circuit in the mod apparently will suck tone out of passive pickups, but i was wondering if i am running a compressor before the amp could i have the best of both worlds and not experience the tone sucking and have less noise? Or would i need to use a pedal with buffered bypass or just get a booster pedal e.g. TC Spark Booster, MXR Microamp etc

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Stock Gain Mod
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Removing the input buffer for less noise and then adding an external booster to compensate will be useless and will add more noise.So leave it like it is.

Dna^Yay

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Removing the input buffer for less noise and then adding an external booster to compensate will be useless and will add more noise.So leave it like it is.

Is there anyway to get the benefit that an active guitar has when the circuit is removed at all?
So not even an eq or volume boost would help?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Again leave it like it is,i did some experiments with it and there are no benifits with removing the input buffer.

Dna^Yay

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Ok so that part of HB`s Stock Gain Mod i should not do, it is only beneficial if i have an active pickup guitar?
Pages: [1]   Go Up