ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45   Go Down

Author Topic: what are you listening to this week?  (Read 237483 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: what are you listening to this week?
« Reply #45 on: Time Format »

I never look off the stage that much if I am honest.  I was told on Saturday I do angry faces and a few others  >:(

It depends how well the gig is going.  On Saturday, I used those ear plugs that only reduce the volume by half of the regular ones.  WOW!!  I COULD HEAR!!  Totally worked!  f**king drums were still too loud but I was fairly comfortable!  When I'm comfortable onstage I will look off more frequent and the odd time even at a photographer and try something comical.  I can't do too much though as I make mistakes!  Really weird how the slightest we thing can throw me, perhaps not very good lol  :lol:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #46 on: Time Format »

Not weird at all my friend, when I first started playing gigs, a mistake would ruin the whole night, later a mistake would ruin the set, later again, it would ruin the song, and anytime I over think something it makes it worse LOL. These days I tend to smile and move on, but also I'm not doing those kind of gigs anymore so less presure, but I still always get nervous (after 44 years...).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #47 on: Time Format »

Yeah I used to be more like that.  I had to learn how to forget it quickly.  I enjoy gigs better now, even if I am forcing mistakes because I'm trying to be more animated on stage.  People seem to dig more energy never mind the mistakes.  As a musician though, I take a lot of pride, so I still want to always get it perfect.  When I record I do 100's of takes sometimes.  I shouldn't but I'm just like that for some reason.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #48 on: Time Format »

Here's an anecdote, We were doing a gig in Bathurst (NSW Aust) and my Anderson strap let oose and it hit the stage (with associated bang guitar into stage noises) and the crowd went off... The Anderson/lead jack was badly bent, so I put on my spare (extensively modified Jap Anson strat) and banged it around for them, they loved it... Part of performing is "performing" although like you my focus is the musical component. If I've learned nothing else over the years, it's all about the energy (from the universe to your soul to your fingers.. well that's my take on it).

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #49 on: Time Format »

Here's an anecdote, We were doing a gig in Bathurst (NSW Aust) and my Anderson strap let oose and it hit the stage (with associated bang guitar into stage noises) and the crowd went off... The Anderson/lead jack was badly bent, so I put on my spare (extensively modified Jap Anson strat) and banged it around for them, they loved it... Part of performing is "performing" although like you my focus is the musical component. If I've learned nothing else over the years, it's all about the energy (from the universe to your soul to your fingers.. well that's my take on it).

You are right, but like Rush fans, I like perfection, or at least to strive for it.  I'm about 90% off that then most of the time lol.  The more mistakes I make the more the crowd seem to like it.  I mean I like the sex pistols n all but I'd like to be considered good at what I did rather than "we like them cause they're rubbish".  That's harsh on the pistols actually cause only Sid Vicious was unable to play.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #50 on: Time Format »

The main thing is to have fun and enjoy it, and play the best!!! you can IMHO

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #51 on: Time Format »

I know lol  I do.  I didn't use to thought when I first started out.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #52 on: Time Format »

I know exactly what you mean, these days if it's not fun, I'm not interested....

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #53 on: Time Format »

Another one for MJMP  :???:
you may not like it though

Gravestone - Victim of Chains

Explorer84

• Astronaut and famous Hollywood stunt squirrel
« Reply #54 on: Time Format »

Recently discovered Circus Maximus, cool band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjgskpEkmUA

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #55 on: Time Format »

Agent Steel - Skeptics Apocalypse

Kruiz - Iron Rock

ADX - Execution

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #56 on: Time Format »

I'm the only one who likes this thread lol

listening to

Attacker - Battle at Healms Deep 

f**king good shit#   :poop:   :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #57 on: Time Format »

Well we were getting ready for the 50th B'day party gig (which we did last night), so various tracks:
Down Down
Sweet Home (do I have to...)
Daddy Wasn't there (fun)
Bohemian Like You
Smoke
Whole Lotta Rosie
etc

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #58 on: Time Format »

ACDC - FLY ON THE WALL (so underated)

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #59 on: Time Format »

Megadeth - Rust In Peace, Countdown To Extinction and Cryptic Writings
...while on the plane travelling the last couple of days...

This also brings me to "What are you practicing this week"
>> Hirajoshi Scale and Bending from Outside Notes ... gotta love Marty Friedman  8)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 45   Go Up