Miscellaneous > Non-ADA Amps and Preamps

Peavey Rockmaster

(1/4) > >>

rabidgerry:
Hi guy's just letting you hear some noodling around and noise from the Peavey Rockmaster.  I dunno what anyone thinks of these pre's on here but I really love them since I have owned mine and they have a superb simplicity to them and massive amount of tone on offer.  I'll do as much variety as I can over the next while.  So far I have clean and Ultra Gain clips.

Gain here has push pull knob engaged for extra boost, gain knob is at 5.8 (not quite at 6)
Bottom about 6.5  Body 3 (push pull not engaged) Edge 7

Guitar is a Squier Showmaster with dp100 in the bridge.  Boss GT5 providing reverb and nothing else.  EPSI providing speaker impulse.

rabidgerry:
Some new riffs I I'm working on.  I haven't nailed this yet and it hurts my fingers at the moment so I will need practice to get over that and make it smoother.

rabidgerry:
some clean.  The clean channel on this is really nice.  Not often I give a shit about clean.

setting are all in the middle bar the presence which is up full.

Soloist:
Yeah that Rockmaster sounds F'ing sweet! :thumb-up: Excelllent tone! :bow:

I like the ultra gain riff! Love the gallups :metal:
Clean 2 sounds like an Irish jig :banana-guitar: lol...I know I should have expected it from you! :lol:

rabidgerry:
Yeah I love the tone.  I don't scoop really.  Most people I have read about scoop the hell out of this preamp and then complain that it's fizzy.  Well some people should learn how to EQ  :facepalm:

The push pull in the Body control, gives a different tonality again.  So I should record with that pulled out.  It adds a tonne of low mid range.  It becomes even more gutsy.  You can then adjust the edge and bottom controls to suit the shift engaged.  I really like it and it's a simple preamp, althought it has so many effects loops its actually a bit crazy!!!

Feel wise it feels a bit stiffer to play than the 3TM, but not in a bad way.  I'm sure if you wanted a stickier feel certain tubes would change that.  What I have in there at the moment are 1 EHX in the front and the rest are the stock chinese valves from what I can see.

I don't normally play anything clean, but I feel I ignore that side of playing pretty much %100.

I didn't think it sounded Irish traditional at all  :lol:  I have never played anything at all like that, I swear I haven't the faintest idea how to.  Made that up for an intro a long time ago but I can't remember it exactly so I had to just play it they way I thought it went.  May be it is and Irish sounding, I may be would have said "folkish"?  Open to suggestions.  I hate Irish trad music, but I like medieval sounding stuff of classical.  None of which I can play either.

Even though I don't play anything like that, I still think that is a great clean tone from a crazy hi gain monster preamp.  I just wanted to show that it can have a nice clean sound and is not just a gain machine.  It pretty much covers clean, lo, medium and hi gain.  More clips on the way when I get a chance.

Perhaps Richard might like the clean tone?  Anyone like the clean sound?  Last time I bother with that shit  :dunno:  :lol:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version