ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Share The Songs Which Are Reminds To You Lots Of Memories  (Read 11359 times)

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever

Hey, let's share the songs which are important for us. And also if it isn't a problem for you or not about with the private life, you can share the memory ;) .

Mine;

These songs always reminds me that good times when I played with Hard Rock/AOR band Destroyer. Sadly we disbanded...

BTW how is my music taste for a 14 y.o. boy?
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Orkun
This was the first ballad I fell for (around your age? you are 14 ?):

(these both melt me and often bring tears..., which are sometime necessary  :'( )
And a couple that helped/inspired the energy in my playing, particularly live:

(the whole sus 4 thing in this was a big influence, hear attached many years later..)
And for great solos etc etc..:

(can't help but feel this would sound even better if Mick Box had a MP1/2, and Garry Thain (RIP) a MB1)
But I could go on forever.. like most of us I suspect.

The song that started it all for me was Slade Take Me Back Home, just had to turn the radio up...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpAl0rlTB4

« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook

I have more albums that bring back memories than songs.

Just off the cuff Judas Priest - Turbo reminds me of a summer back in about 1998.

Kruiz - Kruiz-1 Reminds me off early months going out with my girl friend.

Iron Maiden - killers and compilation Venom - From Heaven to the Unknown reminds of playing the video gam "Doom" when my brother was out for the night on his playstation back in the mid to late 90's and being scared shitless as I was playing it I the dark.  Takes me right back to those memories when I hear those albums.

There are a tonne more I could think off.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t

Hey Orkun, nice list buddy!  :thumb-up:
So many come to mind here is a few:

Triumph, Rock and Roll machine.  This one is what made me want to play guitar.
Krokus , Screaming in the night.  First song I learned on guitar.
Def Leppard,  Another hit and run. First song I ever played live
Pink Floyd,  Comfortably numb. First solo that took me forever to get right, still hard to get 100% correct. :facepalm:
Cinderella, Shake Me. Song I was playing the first time I met the woman who became my wife. (Still married btw 21 years later) :headbanger:
« Last Edit: Time Format by Soloist »
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Another great one I have (Judas Priest again  :facepalm:) is getting eh video of Judas Priest - live.  No not the Fuel for life Tour.  The one from Memphis show in '82 on the screaming for vengeance tour!

Man oh man I watched that so many times!  Again it reminds me of like 1997-98 and really getting into Judas Priest and guitar and I was obsessed with the Screaming for Vengeance album although I had the video of that show before I had the actual album!

Accept Restless and Wild reminds me of winter 97-98 also.  Must have been a formative time for me and my heavy metal obsession!!

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

Orkun

Hey Orkun
This was the first ballad I fell for (around your age? you are 14 ?):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7kpZSSOIak (and what a guitar solo  :bow: ).
And later:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYw9UrsFJa4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XhDGkg8SpQ (these both melt me and often bring tears..., which are sometime necessary  :'( )
And a couple that helped/inspired the energy in my playing, particularly live:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIDUVWfA4s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4JlMQamnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frq_z2cuo4g (the whole sus 4 thing in this was a big influence, hear attached many years later..)
And for great solos etc etc..:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXTopchIrNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6SQniO7SnU (can't help but feel this would sound even better if Mick Box had a MP1/2, and Garry Thain (RIP) a MB1)
But I could go on forever.. like most of us I suspect.

The song that started it all for me was Slade Take Me Back Home, just had to turn the radio up...:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChpAl0rlTB4

I really loved your music taste rnolan  :thumb-up: !

Orkun

I have more albums that bring back memories than songs.

Just off the cuff Judas Priest - Turbo reminds me of a summer back in about 1998.

Kruiz - Kruiz-1 Reminds me off early months going out with my girl friend.

Iron Maiden - killers and compilation Venom - From Heaven to the Unknown reminds of playing the video gam "Doom" when my brother was out for the night on his playstation back in the mid to late 90's and being scared shitless as I was playing it I the dark.  Takes me right back to those memories when I hear those albums.

There are a tonne more I could think off.

Now I'm listening Kruiz, very good band  :headbanger: .

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

Now I'm listening Kruiz, very good band  :headbanger: .

Then you will like this song.  Now it's in Russian I don't understand the words, but I don't need to, this is why music is incredible.  One of my fav songs by them.  Three very talented musicians, each in their own right!

« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.

All very good choices listed by everyone so far.  I'm very impressed with Orkun's list, he being 14 and all.   :banana-rock:

Orkun

All very good choices listed by everyone so far.  I'm very impressed with Orkun's list, he being 14 and all.   :banana-rock:

Thank you very much brother  :) .

Orkun

Also I'm a Stryper fan too.
For You (a track from 7: The Best Of Stryper)
Honestly
First Love
(Waiting For) A Love That's Real
God
Makes Me Wanna Sing
King Of Kings
Soldiers Under Command

Lots of songs  :thumb-up: .

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL

well when I was 14 I liked all the good stuff too  :thumb-up:  I still like the same stuff.......just more of it!

However what's more impressive about Orkun is he likes al that music in this modern era!  Then again kids who come to my bands shows like bands you'd never dream of them knowing about and it always impresses me and reminds me of when I was young and getting into great heavy metal bands but it was the 90's and truly awful time for people who liked that kind of music!  I may as well have been a witch during the the trials of 1692 back in the 90's and being into metal!  It was a horrendous time in the U.K for that music.

But we stood the test of time!  :thumb-up:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Thanks Orkun, I'm touched  :wave: but of course like all of us, there's a gazillion more LoL... I very much like your choices also, and +1  :thumb-up: with RG how younger people get into allot of the same stuff us older dudes grew up with. The Who, Behind Blue Eyes (great song BTW off Who's Next) is an interesting one, it was covered by Limp Bizkit many years later, and was very popular (most didn't know from where it came), they did a great job but left out the best part of the song  :facepalm: .
It's interesting (well to me anyway) that curtain things emote, take you back, to a moment in you life, like a particular temperature, combined with a particular breeze, or slight smell in the air, or, as we are focused on here, various bits of music.

Mick Ronson is another guitarist that seems to have leaked into my playing and reminds me of lots of good times (Ian Hunter - Lounge Lizzard, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7Mm_TkJOE)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Orkun

Orkun

Thanks Orkun, I'm touched  :wave: but of course like all of us, there's a gazillion more LoL... I very much like your choices also, and +1  :thumb-up: with RG how younger people get into allot of the same stuff us older dudes grew up with. The Who, Behind Blue Eyes (great song BTW off Who's Next) is an interesting one, it was covered by Limp Bizkit many years later, and was very popular (most didn't know from where it came), they did a great job but left out the best part of the song  :facepalm: .
It's interesting (well to me anyway) that curtain things emote, take you back, to a moment in you life, like a particular temperature, combined with a particular breeze, or slight smell in the air, or, as we are focused on here, various bits of music.

Mick Ronson is another guitarist that seems to have leaked into my playing and reminds me of lots of good times (Ian Hunter - Lounge Lizzard, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ7Mm_TkJOE)

Thank you for your kind words brother  :thumb-up: . BTW I will play with a hard rock/AOR band again in Summer(Because my exams... :facepalm: ) . I can't form a band again, so I will join a band.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up