• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

OD1 and OD2 question

Started by s2pro, December 28, 2015, 12:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

s2pro

I want to ask you, is this is normal, if the OD1 = 0  the OD2 = 8 or more Gain = 6, I have no sound, until I change OD1 from 0 to ....., are normal?

rnolan

This is El territory, most people would never do this (but El plays here sometimes), OD1 adjusts the gain in the 1st tube stage, OD2 adjusts the gain in the 2nd tube stage, if there is no gain in the 1st tube stage, then there is no signal for the 2nd tube stage to process...
Guitar > MP1 gain stage 1 (1st tube stage (OD1)), > gain stage 2 (OD2) 2nd gain stage, if gain stage 1 = 0 what is there for the next gain stage (OD2) to process ??
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

yes this is normal,like R says you need something to begin with.

s2pro

s2pro

On the Paul Gilbert Patch you will find some tone with OD1 = 0, so I think than't path are not real from PG.

El Chiguete

Jaja funny you asked because I was going to make a thread involving this since last week I got a real killer tone and I wanted to post it but I havent got time. Hope I can tomorow :)
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

Hey El, do tell, look forward to the killer patch  :thumb-up:

El Chiguete

Here it I made a thread on my findings  :banana-guitar: http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1331.0
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

Hey s2pro, try the patch with OD1 = 10 (maybe a typo ?), and 10 is more where PGs' sounds would be... just a thought.