ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RIP Martin Ain  (Read 2409 times)

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
RIP Martin Ain
« on: Time Format »

Sheez... what a lousy last few years it's been for losing influential artists.  :'(

Another gone too soon.  Martin Ain, bassist from Hellhammer then Celtic Frost has passed.
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-celtic-frost-bassist-martin-eric-ain-dead-at-50/

I didn't get to even hear the early Hellhammer stuff until about 2000 or so, but I was a huge Celtic Frost fan.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: RIP Martin Ain
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Sad to hear this, Hellhamer was a very special and an extreme band back in the 80's. I still have the 1984 EP release of Apocalyptic Raids.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

RIP Martin  :'( , yes we seem to loosing quite a few over the past couple of years  :facepalm: And he was only 50...
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Never got into the Frost or Hellhammer for that matter.

But in the subject of losing great people, yes we are losing some gods, from Lemmy and Bowie to Prince, George Michael and Martin Landau and John Hurt.  What's weird is, a lot of these people are old, and legends, and it just makes me think the newer celebrities coming a long, very little of them will ever have as big an impact on generations the same way some of these people did what with their movies or music.  Taylor Swift?  Really?  No one will remember her in a few years trust me.  She'll not be the new Madonna (still around after 35 years).

It's part of this X factor show generation thing, no one has longevity anymore because the coveyor belt mentality of those shows has devalued everything this pop c#nts strive to be.

This is why I love heavy metal, even during Grunge, it still existed and survived many changes in music taste, and is still around now and still growing strong, still reaching people (thanks to the dreaded internet (double edge sword really isn't it?) ) and it is probably going to remain that way for the future regardless of what is going on in the contemporary world!  Same with other scenes like Rockbilly and Country!  They're awlays going to be around and have their following.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010
Pages: [1]   Go Up