ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we put a name on that number ?  (Read 4614 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Can we put a name on that number ?
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey Tomy, I understand your frustration (and am interested, at least in helping you, for me, I don't care anymore, I use 3 or 4 sounds these days), you need to record them somewhere so you can find them again.  Simple approach is to write them down (basic), or create a spread sheet, similar but makes it searchable, make a little Access data base (bit more work but more elegant than a spread sheet), but easy (well for me, just takes some time).  Aspects of this are about "library" software which already exists, another approach... Some have the ability to make new modules to interface with your preamps.
Designing a 1RU gadget with a bigger screen that does it all (or some of it) is something I'd like to do but beyond my current expertise, but definitely doable.  One issue (not sure how to solve) will be how to uniquely identify each preamp/fx unit on a midi channel.
As you have multiple Preamps and Fx, a small database would be easier (better) than a spread sheet.  But I sense you'd like something a bit more groovy than that, again yes it's doable, but who will do it ? Or does something like this already exist  :dunno: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up