ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Music Video and Single  (Read 18385 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: New Music Video and Single
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

Forget reviewers, and anything they have to say. The people who listen to reviewers, will end up only listening to what they want them to hear. Mindless trolls I can do without.
    Your music is unique, and if you recall from our emails, I was honest with you about this style of music, in that it is not a style I normally listen to, but yet I find things in your music that catches my interest, and I keep going back to listen again. I still listen to some of the tracks you sent me and dig the grooves I hear, so I'm contradicting my personal tastes in music :lol:
   If I had paid attention to the reviews I had read a long time ago, I probably would have never picked up my first Dream Theater CD, and look where those guys are today.
   You just keep writing with the same sincerity, and damn the critics. Publicity is always welcome, good or bad, it still keeps your name out there.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Well Gerry I had to be quick ,it was a limited edition   ;D

@Harley, so what are you musical styles you like (or bands)?

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

MJMP,

I tend to lean more towards progressive styles in a lot of genres, that's the kind of thing that gets my attention, and I hear a lot of that in Gerry's guitar style. I also like his guitar tone, it's kind of like John Petrucci meets K.K.Downing/Glenn Tipton kind of tone.
    I listen to everything except Country music and Polkas, I just pick out the things I like in everything I listen to.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Ah polka, Slayer used to be a polka band according to Lombardo  >:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukavhoQbgyU

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Ah polka, Slayer used to be a polka band according to Lombardo  >:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukavhoQbgyU

"Roll out the antichrist, we'll have a barrel of fun...."
 :lol:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Which one of them played the Accordion  :metal:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Well it was recorded in the Netherlands so some Dutchie plays accordion :))

In any case I just go tthe CD from Jerry and it's very good, really happy with it, recommended if you like Metal.

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

In any case I just go tthe CD from Gerry and it's very good, really happy with it, recommended if you like Metal.

Same here.  Damn proud of these guys for doing such a fine job of carrying the NWOHM torch today.   :bow:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Still waiting for mine...but the Sake is already well chilled to go with it during the first spins  :metal:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

As I did not blast the mix through a limiter in the final stages, more of a gentle push through one, I left about 12db of dynamic range.  So if you find things a little quieter than some modern releases, just reach for the dial!!  :headbanger:

It's about as loud as early 90's cds. No loudness war here thankyou very much  :lol:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Kim

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

As I did not blast the mix through a limiter in the final stages, more of a gentle push through one, I left about 12db of dynamic range.  So if you find things a little quieter than some modern releases, just reach for the dial!!  :headbanger:

It's about as loud as early 90's cds. No loudness war here thankyou very much  :lol:

Much appreciated!   :thumb-up:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

So going from amazing reviews all round from most places to this....................

check out this onslaught of abuse the album gets

https://www.angrymetalguy.com/rabid-bitch-of-the-north-nothing-but-a-bitter-taste-review/

it's kind of hilarious because it contrasts so much with this

http://www.metalireland.com/2017/08/14/rabid-bitch-of-the-north-nothing-but-a-bitter-taste/

What is even more amazing is

A) The song the reviewer keeps referencing is not that we are Trapped in 1999 it's about the horror of being Trapped in 1999 with Slip Knot and all that other shit from back then.  So he's obviously missed the point.

B) The horrible production he talks about which he slags off for being DR10 is actually DR12 and I made it that way on purpose.

C) Our claim to fame is not that we've played clubs in Ireland, not sure where he got that from, but it's probably that we have shared stage with some legends of metal and played the biggest independent metal festival in the UK twice.

But hey what can I say, the trolls are alive and kicking guys.

Seriously though, read this guys review, he sounds like he is about 14 yrs old and the contrast from every other review we have had so far is vast to say the least.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Well I found that first link very rude and untruthful , the second one just tell how I feel it.

I like the album,  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Gerry,

the first reviewer most probably digs albums/bands that have their guitars tuned down to subterranean levels with a guitar tone where bass is dialled out completely and mids and highs are boosted up to the ISS. Your album probably didn't djent enough  ;D ;D ;D

Take that review with a grain of ["...add accordingly..."]. My digipack should be delivered shortly by Japan Post and until then I can only add up to all other very positive reviews I read so far (on the basis of having listend to some snippets and your vids).
Keep em coming RBOTN!!!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, call me a philistine, but what does NWoBHM stand for, and what's a DR10 or DR12 ? :dunno:

Well I found that first link very rude and untruthful , the second one just tell how I feel it.
+1  It seems there is allot of strange politics in the "metal" genre  :dunno: which the first guy seems more focused on than the music.

For what it's worth (and you know I'm not a "metal" guy), I really like your clip and when I finally get a job again  :facepalm: I'd like to get the album but on CD, no progress bar... just my trusty Nakamichi CD player and some decent speakers so I can hear it properly.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up