ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Cheers from the Bluegrass State!  (Read 23510 times)

PrimalScream91

Re: Cheers from the Bluegrass State!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Hey PS91, welcome to the depot and greetings from Australia  :wave: (there's a few of us lurking (with intent) around here).
I'd suggest you have a listen to some Australian rock also (as well as AC/DC LoL), as Angry Anderson from Rose Tattoo said, no one attacks a guitar like an Australian  >:D

Big AC/DC fan, I didn't list them because I though it was assumed that everyone liked them! :lol: They were very influential to me when I first started playing, for a band that has so many hits, they have a lot of underrated songs as well! Walk All Over You, Night Prowler, Aint No Fun, RnR Singer, I could go on and on!

I've listened to a bit of Rose Tattoo, usually only their first album, and I've always wanted to listen to more of them but I've never really gotten around to it.
Guitars: Couple Gibsons, Couple Fenders, Couple Kramers, Couple others...
Amps: MP-1, MP-2, B200S, Couple Marshalls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Lots of great bands to pick from, Divynals, Radio Birdman, Midnight Ol, Angles, Cold Chisel, etc,, all from my growing up era..  Loud and live  >:D

Attached is a track I wrote (a jam really). I'm using my original MP1 rig back then, other guitar is an early SANs amp.

When you get a chance, run the MP1 in stereo (2 power amps), combined with some nice stereo FX mmm.  I your like the rest of us, you'll never go back to mono LoL.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

PrimalScream91

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Lots of great bands to pick from, Divynals, Radio Birdman, Midnight Ol, Angles, Cold Chisel, etc,, all from my growing up era..  Loud and live  >:D

Attached is a track I wrote (a jam really). I'm using my original MP1 rig back then, other guitar is an early SANs amp.

When you get a chance, run the MP1 in stereo (2 power amps), combined with some nice stereo FX mmm.  I your like the rest of us, you'll never go back to mono LoL.

Our local rock station plays a fair amount of Midnight Oil, I think everyone in my town has heard "Beds Are Burning" at least 20 times!

Thats a sweet sound you're getting there! What power amp were you running back then?

The short term goal is to make a small wet-dry rig within the next year or so. With my Blackstar HT40 (with an extended cab) running the dry signal, and the MP-1 (most likely with a B200S) pushing two 2x12 cabs (split stack or similar) running the wet signal. 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

We used to play Beds are Burning, I like it but there are better songs from their earlier albums, "Place without a postcard" comes to mind.  Or When I Locked in My Room (love that one, and great to play)

So rig back then was Anderson Proam (Ultrasonic PUs), MP1, 8 ch desk (with 3 FX sends, 1&2 to Quadverb, 3 to IPS33 smart shift, both return in stereo into 4 chs), B200s, Yamaha quad box (wired stereo, 1 x yamaha 12" and 1 x Plessy 12U50 per side).

Your wet dry idea will sound awesome, I used to do it like that with my 72 Marshall 50 (but it's loud  >:D ). I use a tom schultz power soak with the Marshall, get it sounding nice totally dry, then bring the ADA rig up around it in stereo  :whoohoo!: :metal:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

OOOOHHHHH Kim!!!!!

Don't limit him to The Magician's Birthday, Demons and Wizards rocks just as hard :thumb-up: (Funny how Uriah Heep has recently popped up in a few threads here).

Here are a few gems from the 70's I like to share with people, since I've always been a fan of progressive music: Atomic Rooster, Death Walks Behind You. Yes, Yessongs, Tales From Topographic Oceans. Chicago, (Any of their early albums). Steely Dan, Aja. Frank Zappa, Sheik Yerbouti, Apostrophe, Over Night Sensation, Us And Them.

That should keep you busy :lol:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

PrimalScream91

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

rnolan:

Thats a nice rig man! And I can't wait to get the wet-dry rig set up!

Harley:

Thanks for the suggestions, I read some names that I'm unfamiliar with so thats always a plus! I've actually been listening to some Zappa lately (something I hadn't done in a few years), all of the legal crap with Dweezil and the family has caused me to revisit Frank's work!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Well hi and welcome to the depot.Good to have some young blood around !!
I'm the resident tech around here so if you have any technical questions let me know.I also own quite a bit ADA gear so again let me know if you have questions.

http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=1506.15

You saying I'm old MJMP?   >:(

Good to meet you Primal  :thumb-up: wlecome to the board.  Hopefully you ask as many silly questions as I do and therefore I wont look as bad  :lol:  Na just kidding, you can find out a lot from this forum, very useful.

I'm 33 so not that old...............they say I look younger as well  :green-banana-smiley-emoticon:  MJMP can tell me when he meets me in October when I plan Belgium with my band, should be good  :whoohoo!:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

A good way to get a dose of Uriah Heap is the live album, it's got tracks off most of their records and very good recording.

First Zappa I heard was Just Another Band From LA (Billy the Mountain), loved it, next was probably live at Filmore East (Mud Shark) also great. I think One Size Fits All is may fav studio album.  Interesting though, while I love Zappa and the band I don't like his lead solos much, edgy trebly and to many notes...

PrimalScream91

« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Good to meet you Primal  :thumb-up: wlecome to the board.  Hopefully you ask as many silly questions as I do and therefore I wont look as bad  :lol:  Na just kidding, you can find out a lot from this forum, very useful.

Nothing wrong with the occasional silly question!  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

RG, not to say you are old but you are not young anymore  :lol:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

RG, not to say you are old but you are not young anymore  :lol:

ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh

Well I still feel young and look it so I'll live like I'm young.  33 aint old is it?  kids are calling people old in their mid 20's!  f*ck that shit! :facepalm:
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Well I'm almost 50 and I still feel like I'm 18  :lol:

PrimalScream91

« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Well I still feel young and look it so I'll live like I'm young.

This is all that matters!

My fiancé's cousin just turned 30, she looks 21 and acts about 25. It doesn't matter how "old" some teenage prat might think you are! :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Well here's RG in action  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr8CVsvhNDA

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

@ MJMP, RG, and Richard,

For the record, I'm 18 with 40 years of experience at it :banana-guitar:

Harley  :ada-big:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up