ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original Floyd Rose nylon washer  (Read 5697 times)

Rusty

Original Floyd Rose nylon washer
« on: Time Format »

Hi folks, does any of you know where I can get a few original Floyd Rose nylon washers that fit the tremolo arm post of the early version Floyds? I have included a pic. I cannot seem to find any.

El Chiguete

Re: Original Floyd Rose nylon washer
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Uff just the nylon washers? Thats going to be a tough one. I only see them selling the complete "old style" arm (that I bought btw and like more than the collar type) http://www.floydrose.com/catalog/parts/original-series/tremolo-arm-old-style

If you still have the old washers maybe on a good hardware store you cand find them or cut one down to size.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Rusty

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thanks El Chiguete, thats what it looks like what I need to do, get ones similar and file them to size, Thanks  :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Rusty, this site is useful for Floyd bits (http://www.axcessories.com/index.htm), I bought some saddle shims and a brass sustain block from them. Oh and an intonation setting tool (only works with original longer string clamp Allen bolts though, my other Schaller lic FR has much shorter bolts so it doesn't work with it  :facepalm: ). Personally I prefer the later version arm (which I changed to years ago) as you can vary the tightness of the arm.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Rusty

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Thanks rnolan, thats a good site for floyd parts. It looks like I have to get the whole arm and nut thing together tho' but hey it's cheap enough. thank you.  :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Rusty, no worries  :wave: , the bits MikeB and I bought weren't too expensive either, and they delivered promptly etc  :thumb-up: and better, everything fitted perfectly  :whoohoo!: .
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up