ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOGD  (Read 6443 times)

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
NOGD
« on: Time Format »

Had a 1990 Ibby RG550 that I sold to a friend in New England. Well, he calls to tell me that he got it but apparently FedEx cracked the neck.  :hair-out:

so long story short I take it back. Finally after a year I'm able to get the neck repaired and add some new pups. ToneZone in the bridge and PAF Pro in the neck. Well worth the wait and no longer thinking of selling her.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: NOGD
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Wow how did they do that,did they throw it of a mountain or something  :facepalm:

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Wow how did they do that,did they throw it of a mountain or something  :facepalm:
Not sure, I filed a claim, bitched, complained, all for nothing. At least it kept me from selling it. lol

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

What didn't they pay for the damage?

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

sorry didn't see this dude. No, they didn't pay for anything. Said if they don't pack it, they don't cover it.

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Lots of guitar horror stories about FedEx and UPS.  I've shipped a fair number of guitars via USPS with no issues at all.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

sorry didn't see this dude. No, they didn't pay for anything. Said if they don't pack it, they don't cover it.

Wow  :-\

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Stah, well glad to hear it had a happy ending (sort of) sounds like the guitar didn't want to leave you LoL. That's really bad the insurance didn't cover it, if you packed it well (and I'm sure you did) as MJMP said, how did they break the neck  :crazy: , must have taken a mighty whack, peghead breaks ok they can happen (particularly gibsons as they are very susceptible around the nut (as grain runs straight there with the way they make their necks)), but pretty hard to break a neck though, even if you try.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

it might have been just the normal cracks known to the older Ibby Wizard necks or it could've been my shitty packing job. lol Either way I can't seem to put it down. Love it so much bought an 87 RG550 maple to keep her company.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I think you were meant to own that guitar, and it's good that she's back with you.

I received a guitar with a broken neck once...USPS delivered it STANDING ON IT's HEAD in the box, because the bottom of the box was all bent up. I guess they thought the other end looked better, so they started carrying it that way. I blame two things: The seller putting it into a loose fitting case, and not packing it well enough...and the fact that NOWHERE on the box did it indicate anything Fragile or THIS SIDE UP^ 

Dumbass. I wanted the guitar so much, I had him pay for the repairs and I still have it now

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

(Either way I can't seem to put it down), (I think you were meant to own that guitar, and it's good that she's back with you.:thumb-up: +1
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up