ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WTB a chrome HH pickguard for strat without control holes  (Read 6783 times)

El Chiguete

Hey guys I decided to build myself my dream strat so I just bought the body, now I'm looking for a chrome HH pickguard for strat without control holes so I can set the vol/tone/switch the way I want (I keep hitting the top vol knob on a strat). So anyone know where can I get one like it?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey El, I know what you mean with strat vol knob, hey it's even worse if you play a left handed strat strung right handed (reverse Hendrix), did that once, drove me mad all night.
Do you know any sheet metal workers ? I knew a guy a long time ago, he made me a brass scratch plate (front and back) for my Anson Jap strat (all the dimensions were slightly different to normal strat (imperial vs metric, patents etc.)). Only problem with brass is that after polishing it (brasso..) you have to lacquer it or it goes green/blue and tarnishes easily (but a couple of coats of nitrocellulose did the trick).  Anyway it's an option, you can then choose where you want any control holes and use 3 way on/off/on toggles for each PU (like on my Anderson, up = parralel, middle = off, down = series) and one vol one tone.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

I think I want to try the Petrucci wiring having a 3 way (4 pole) switch and wiring the inner coils of the humbuckers in parallel... I might throw a pair of SD Triple Shot pickup rings to have additional sound possibilities :)

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive

I think I want to try the Petrucci wiring having a 3 way (4 pole) switch and wiring the inner coils of the humbuckers in parallel... I might throw a pair of SD Triple Shot pickup rings to have additional sound possibilities :)

Power of simplicity...that's how all my guitars are wired. Here's the wiring diagram

El Chiguete

Looks like we have more things in common SC!!!

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

El Chiguete

BTW this is the body that I just bought (mahogany body with Quilt top and biding) that I think it will look great with a chrome pickguard.

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey El, nice  :thumb-up: though I've not come across such light coloured Mahogany before ? (though it is course (softer) grain like Mahogany). Generally (from Mahogany I've worked with) it's darker (but then I was largely working with Sapele (African) Mahogany (nice dark brown ribbon grains/stripes in amounst lighter brown).
I'd go brass (my taste), chrome will look good though (and you have your vision  >:D of how you want it).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

Shoot them a mail and ask if they can do the pickguard without the vol/tone pot and switch holes...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dragonfire-Strat-Floyd-Rose-Pickguard-HH-2-Hum-Chrome-Mirror-Fits-Fender-/271294715605?hash=item3f2a6cd6d5:g:Bv4AAOxy8hNRkDPK

I wrote them and they replied ¨They are as shown only. Thank you.¨, so no luck with them.

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81
Pages: [1]   Go Up