ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How I use my MXC + Quad Switch  (Read 4946 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
How I use my MXC + Quad Switch
« on: Time Format »

Not long ago, I started using stompoxes in lieu of my beloved rack gear. I discovered new ways of mixing a common effects device (ie. delay or reverb or solo boost) with several patches in my TC Electronics Nova System and it got me thinking.

I knew the Quad switch worked with various FX in the MP-2, but I wanted to use it with my MP-1 Classic as well. Then, I discovered midi control commands - specifically, I could control any effect in my FX device using the control number of the Quad switch. So, I can add a solo boost to any patch. I can turn the delay or the chorus (or the flange....) on or off for any patch. I can switch the octaver on/off for one patch in particular....you get the idea.

Why didn't I realize this a long time ago?  :dunno:

So, I ditched the Nova System and went back to the MXC pedal for my MP-2 and my MP-1 Classic. However, now I was armed with the full capabilities of the Quad switch at my disposal, running my FX device (Boss GX-700). I use it to control the EQ for a solo boost (most times it's just a flat volume boost), toggle individual F/X, or just mute the sound and use the onboard tuner. Here's a graphic to illustrate how I have arranged my patches.
« Last Edit: Time Format by Dante »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: How I use my MXC + Quad Switch
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Very cool Dante  :thumb-up: Have you ever looked into using the MP2 "macros" they do a bunch of stuff as well. I'd forgotten about them but was reading the manual recently for other reasons and thought to come back to them and get my head around how they work at some point.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

GuitarBuilder

Re: How I use my MXC + Quad Switch
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Love the color coding, Dante!   :banana-rasta:
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls
Pages: [1]   Go Up