ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NGD - Along time coming. EVH Frankenstein  (Read 15 times)

Harley Hexxe and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Zilthy

• My Youtube Channel

So, I have had it a few weeks, almost a month, but I finally acquired the EVH Frankenstein.

This particular guitar has been a long, long, long time coming for me. Hailing back to when I started playing in 1985 and put black and white electrical tape stripes on my Harmony Flying V.

My first introduction to the striped guitar didn't come until 1984 though, and what I latched on to was the Kramer 5150 striped guitar with Eddie flying across the stage in the Panama video. The Frankenstrat was later. But, that was my introduction to Van Halen, and I was hooked. Fast forward many decades later, and through all of the Kramers, and the Charvel art series, I still did not have one. Finally, the EVH brand comes up, and I still passed on it. About 4 -5 years ago, I finally decided I was going to get one. At that time, I think the 5150 Striped had just come out, and was about $500 more than the EVH red/white/black striped series (non relic).

I *really* wanted the 5150, but thought, well, I will be satisfied with the regular striped series. Silly move. I did really want the 5150, and ended up getting one a couple of years ago. I should have just gone for that in the first place. When the Frankenstein striped came out at $2k vs $20k, I thought, well, that is neat, but I am really in to that first image I saw from the 1984 videos, I kind of gave it a passing glance, then moved on. Sure, the reviewers/deomos/etc were all talking about the 'mojo' of the Frankenstein, but I gave it little thought. Over the past couple of years, I started thinking about the Frankenstein more and more.

I finally decided to get one last month, and yeah. This feels different than the other EVH guitars I have had. In a very good way. Not that the others are bad, but the extra rolled fretboard edge, unfinished (oiled) neck, worn/satin finish on the body, it is just a comfortable joy to play.

And here is me enjoying the hell out of it, trying to not do too embarrassing of a job playing some of the Mighty Edward's work on the guitar. :)

The Link https://www.youtube.com/embed/cKRX2bCWc-Y?si=8liLOTcDriL4zpLJ
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: NGD - Along time coming. EVH Frankenstein
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Zilthy, nice guitar :thumb-up: and some great playing  :whoohoo!:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up