ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Tubes for 3TM?  (Read 58371 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Tubes for 3TM?
« Reply #75 on: Time Format »

Hey DR, good read  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #76 on: Time Format »

I have to agree with SC,i think the only thing they have reissued is the name,but that's it.Many people think these are exact copies of the original but they are not,far from.

I have to agree here. The RI Mullards just don't seem to have the same clarity and punch as the originals. The trouble is, I don't have $600 USD to drop on a pair of NOS Mullards right now.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #77 on: Time Format »

Lucky I like the RIs then LoL, if I trip over some NOS Mullards for a decent price I'll pick them up, but not at $600..

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #78 on: Time Format »

Lucky I like the RIs then LoL, if I trip over some NOS Mullards for a decent price I'll pick them up, but not at $600..

It's ridiculous, isn't it? It just reminds me of what we have all known all along; Musicians are the lowest paid professionals on the planet, yet the cost of our tools is the most expensive in the world.

It kind of makes me wonder if there is a conspiracy to keep the number of working musicians out of the picture!  :lol:

Harley 8)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #79 on: Time Format »

Hey Harley, well I don't know about the conspiracy but we've been squeezed for many years... $100 a night each was good money when I was in my teens (I'm 56 now), it's still all you get paid  :crazy: so it's got worse. And the paradigm has switched 180 deg, now you put your music on the internet (pretty much for free) to promote a gig or tour, used to be you'd tour to promote the album.. I struggle to relate money and music, I just play music because I love it. and I'd go crazy if I didn't.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #80 on: Time Format »

I guess music is a hobby for most of us here,and a hobby costs money.And yes you'll put in more money then you will ever get out of it.But it's fun so ...

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #81 on: Time Format »

I guess music is a hobby for most of us here,and a hobby costs money.And yes you'll put in more money then you will ever get out of it.But it's fun so ...

It's hard to define the main thing in your life as just a hobby......................BUT mjmp I totally know what you mean.  I work full time also or else I'd starve and die.

I only don't make a lot of money through music these days because the music business is dead.  The musicians make f*ck all these days.  Someone somewhere makes money off it but not the musicians, not with heavy metal music.  Thankfully the metal scene exists today largely on the basis that people will dip into their own Pockets to pay for their passion to keep it alive.  The new Raven album was made from a fan funded campaign.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.

People that make money with music in bands from what I can see are people in cover bands.  Or else shit pop chart music.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #82 on: Time Format »

Well for me music is fun i'm not into it for making money.This way you can do what you and play what you want. :metal:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #83 on: Time Format »

Well for me music is fun i'm not into it for making money.This way you can do what you and play what you want. :metal:
+1  :thumb-up: These days, if it's not fun I just don't want to know... But it is still the main central passion in my life. One of the things I like about this board, lots of passion, lots of fun  ;)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #84 on: Time Format »

I don't do it for money either because if I did I would have stopped ten years ago, I'm also in the wrong music genre. 

I never said I did do it for money either just to clarify that.

But I think musicians should be able to make money from their music and anyone who disagrees with that is a fool.

In 1985 you could have played in a band for one night and made £400 a night.  What is £400 in 1985 worth these days in todays money?

Today you are lucky to get close to £100 for a show.  I have no idea what it's like outside of the UK, I know for the Holland show we played we got paid, but only just.

I feel very strongly about this topic because when I travel and money comes out of my pocket to go play a shows somewhere it just doesn't add up for me that I am playing show to entertain people yet it's costing me money to play a show for them??

WTF

I also feel embarrassed when people say to me "you don't get paid, to play shows?".  Because sometimes if we are low down on the bill we will not get paid.

Thankfully we can sell merchandise and recoup some of the cost.  Still sucks balls though and it's a sad state of affairs.

Edit.....
I do do it though because I love it and I'd be lost without it. If I had no music to write and record I'd be lost.  I have fun doing it but I also take very seriously as that's just the type of person I am with things I love if that makes sense.
« Last Edit: Time Format by rabidgerry »

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #85 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, absolutely my friend, and I for one appreciate your input into the world of music and on this forum  :thumb-up: :wave:

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #86 on: Time Format »

Thanks man appreciate that.

Fun is why I do it first and just sheer pleasure, but when you want to take it further it then becomes a little like another job even if you're making very little money from doing it but you keep doing it because it's your duty to keep the flame burning for what you believe in.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #87 on: Time Format »

Well about payments,here it's no different,usually not much.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #88 on: Time Format »

Hey Richard,

Actually, it's still the same in a manner of speaking, you still have to tour to boost sales of your album, even with the internet these days. The internet is just another means of advertising, to promote your album and announce your tour dates in a more personalized manner than just radio.
    I have to agree with MJMP and RG, we still do it because we love what we can do with our instruments. That's the important thing right there: it has to please us first! If it does that, then there are doubtlessly going to be other people around the globe who will find pleasure in what we do also.
    You guys are lucky over there if you're still getting paid the same as you were back in the day. Over here, you do a lot of free gigs with a new band and try to build a following that will go where you are playing. The club owners over here have gotten it in their pointy heads, that the bands need to bring in their crowds with them, or they don't get paid. A sign of the times I suppose. ???

Harley 8)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #89 on: Time Format »

Totally man, I do it first and foremost to please my self because if I didn't I'd be play some other style of music.  When I started out in band people didn't know what the hell we were playing because it wasn't death metal or nut metal.  Now that shit isn't as popular as it once was and people here are starting to appreciate what we do and dare I say the seem to really enjoy it as well.

Anyways tube tests to follow as SC is busting my balls to try out some tubes he sent

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up