ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Time to come back home  (Read 963 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Time to come back home
« on: Time Format »

Hi guys!!

How are you doing, bunch of bast....???:headbanger:
It's being longtime since I logged in last time.

I was looking a couple of Leon Todd's videos about MP1 and Quadraverb and the Nembrini MP1 plug-in, when I felt I was missing all of you and this place a lot.
So I understood it was time to come back to see old friends.

Who's here still? Richard, Dante, Phil? Harley, Gerry? SC?
I see the good, old Danny Joe Carter and Orkun are back as well and I hope they're still around: how are you doing, bros?
DJC: I saw a new working MP1 is back in your hands! The Quest was hard, but you succeeded in the end! Never give up!

I still own my MJMP ultra-modified MP1, with the famous ASSHOLE sticker inside (because I forgot to backup my patches before sending it to Phil....but he saved my ass and patches!) and I also use the Nembrini plug-in and it's awesome as it looks.

I also own all my old rack units and the 2 Quadraverb GT that are currently under maintenance.

Many new guitars arrived and others are gone.
But the MP1 still says "ADA" when turned on and that's f**king allright!
« Last Edit: Time Format by Iperfungus »
On the run again!

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
Re: Time to come back home
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Max,

Welcome back! Yes, we're still around and the Depot is still alive and well.

It's good to hear from you.

I have the Nembrini plug-in, but I haven't been able to make it work. I think I need a new interface for my DAW. This Focusrite just keeps tripping offline. I'm looking at a Presonus now.

So, have you been busy gigging? What's new?

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Iperfungus

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Max,

Welcome back! Yes, we're still around and the Depot is still alive and well.

It's good to hear from you.

I have the Nembrini plug-in, but I haven't been able to make it work. I think I need a new interface for my DAW. This Focusrite just keeps tripping offline. I'm looking at a Presonus now.

So, have you been busy gigging? What's new?

Harley 8)

Harley!!
Nice to see you again, mate!
This place has some magic.

I turned the MP1 on tonight and it made walls shake a little... :headbanger:

I've been busy as many people on boring stuff, most of the time...but I never gave-up playing.
I've my old band back and we're having some fun...approaching bands like Toto for the first time in our lives with a certain amount of success.

About Nembrini ADA plug-in....do you know Cantabile???
It's a free VST container:

https://www.cantabilesoftware.com/

Just connect your audio interface, load plug-ins and play!
It's useful a lot with plug-ins that have no standalone interface and you can do interesting plug-ins chains...

I use that stuff with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3D Gen on Win 10...and it works awesome!
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, I see you remembered your password LoL (I saw you got it wrong the first time).  Great to have you back and really glad to hear you are playing and your MP-1's a humming.  DJC and subsequently Orkun poked their noses in for a bit early last year.  Haven't heard from either of them for a while now.  DJC posted some of his killer shredding.  Thanks for the tip about Cantabile, what a good idea  :thumb-up: .  Not that I'm into VSTs but good to know should I get inclined. 

Nice rig BTW  :thumb-up: .  What's the deal with your Quadverb GTs' ?  I still have the original QV in my live rack 35+ years and still going strong.  IIRC it was the first multi FX rack unit (in Australia), heaven on a stick (well in a 1RU 19" format).

@Harley, I know what you mean, I had issues with the Focusrite Scarlet (8in/out) I initially bought.  I got it to work a bit with my old Win7 laptop but found it frustrating and inconsistent.  So I swapped it for the PreSonus 18/24 USB, basically the same 8in/out (and same(ish) price point ~$600 AUD).  It comes with Universal Control to interface it with your PC  which works well and stays connected.  It also includes the entry level Studio One SW which I'm slowly learning.  They make some things harder (compared to Pro Tools e.g. stereo tracks and bus sends/returns) but once you get past that I'm not hating it and the results are good.  As I posted before, I also found the PreSonus a little less "stark" and a bit more musical sounding than the Focusrite.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Iperfungus

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, I see you remembered your password LoL (I saw you got it wrong the first time).  Great to have you back and really glad to hear you are playing and your MP-1's a humming.  DJC and subsequently Orkun poked their noses in for a bit early last year.  Haven't heard from either of them for a while now.  DJC posted some of his killer shredding.  Thanks for the tip about Cantabile, what a good idea  :thumb-up: .  Not that I'm into VSTs but good to know should I get inclined. 

Hey Rich!
Ahahahahahahah!!! You're right...I wrote a wrong password, but I recovered fast!
I made some confusion with the Ernie Ball Music Man forum, another place like the Depot...full of nice people ready to help and share knowledge.
I registered there after I bought an Axis Super Sport (I own 3 Music Man guitars now..) and I needed the right diagram to revert wiring to original, since it was modified in a stupid way by someone who would have done better to put their hands in other places.

Happy to see you remembered about me as well!  :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e
I'm always happy to come back here and find you guys..Any news about MJMP? I've read in other thread that he's missing since some time.
I shot him an email yesterday, but I've got no answer yet.
I hope he's doing fine.

I never stopped playing, notwhitstanding my complex life, and my MP-1 is still ready to rock for many, many years.
MJMP did a very great job with that...and the MDRT transformed it in a tone monster.

About Cantabile and plug-ins, I've to say that Line6, Neural DSP and Nembrini did a great job with their VSTs and you can find almost anything you need to record and play.
I still own my Soldano Astroverb combo and a few pedals, but I sold most of them and bought a Helix Floor and that's another great machine, as well as the Mooer GE250 I use to reharse with the band.
I've the rack units you see as well and so I miss nothing!

About DJC and Orkun, I hope they'll come back around some day.

Nice rig BTW  :thumb-up: .  What's the deal with your Quadverb GTs' ?  I still have the original QV in my live rack 35+ years and still going strong.  IIRC it was the first multi FX rack unit (in Australia), heaven on a stick (well in a 1RU 19" format).

The GTs needed some restoration: they're "old" units and some pots became scratchy, on one of them sound came and go...then the display on the other one started having problems as well, so it has been changed with a new one.
I sent them to my friend in Rome, Fabrizio...we spoke about him in the thread about the Digitech Twin Tube, some years ago.
We decided to left one unit stock and do some mods to the other...something Fabrizio did on other Quadraverb units: this should improve effects quality and overall tone.
The stock unit should come back home in the next days...then I'll probably sell it, since I do not need 2, having the G-Major and the Intellifex.
But I'll keep the modified one, since I love Quadraverb GT a lot! And it was DJC who made me desire one, at the time!
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, MJMP is ok, he's on doctors orders to take it easy.  So it may take a while for him to reply...

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Welcome back buddy, nice to see you! I sometimes wish I still had a GFX-1, and it is also nice to see that Marshall 4004 Valvestate like I used to have - memories

Don't be a stranger!

Dante

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Max,

Thanks for the tip on the Cantabile software. I'll make a note of it and look into it after I replace my interface. I've had it with the Focusrite, it just keep disconnecting everything for no reason it seems. I'm not into recording with any of the plug-ins, that's why I have so much outboard gear. The only reason I got the MP-1 plug in was to have something to jam on with the PC alone without having to plug in and amp into the interface. The floor around my computer desk gets cluttered fast like that  :lol:

@ Richard,
I was looking at the Presonus 1810. I might look at the 1824, I don't know. The only reason I want 8 inputs is in case I want to record live drums. That give me mic and mixing options that I can't get with less inputs. I feel 8 is the minimum for a good drum mix. I know I can do it with four inputs, but the mix is very limited. (Think VH's "Don't Want To Hear About It Later"). I still want to learn and get proficient at Cubase. After all, I paid a lot of money for that software, and, I also want software that can not only mix and record, but can also master the mix down to a final product. The trouble with all the tutorials about that stuff is that it's all using loops tracks from VSTs and garbage like that. IMHO, that's not how you write music. That's how non-musicians make a pile of sonic vomit.
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Iperfungus

« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, MJMP is ok, he's on doctors orders to take it easy.  So it may take a while for him to reply...

Doctors?? That's a bad word...
Is he recovering from injury or illness? Or...??

Now I understand this:

Mail me, we'll work something out.
Do I need to notify your doctor that you're back online?  ::)

Dante wasn't joking...

If you're in touch with Phil, say a big CIAO! from me and that I wish him to recover quickly.
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Welcome back buddy, nice to see you! I sometimes wish I still had a GFX-1, and it is also nice to see that Marshall 4004 Valvestate like I used to have - memories

Don't be a stranger!

Dante

Ciao Dante!! How are you doing, amico???
Guess what? If I hadn't the GFX-1, I would be tempted by a GX-700....I had one with my previous ADA MP-1, in the 90s....

I never felt a stranger here: it's full of good friends!
And I'm back to stay!
On the run again!

Iperfungus

« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey Max,

Thanks for the tip on the Cantabile software. I'll make a note of it and look into it after I replace my interface. I've had it with the Focusrite, it just keep disconnecting everything for no reason it seems. I'm not into recording with any of the plug-ins, that's why I have so much outboard gear. The only reason I got the MP-1 plug in was to have something to jam on with the PC alone without having to plug in and amp into the interface. The floor around my computer desk gets cluttered fast like that  :lol:

Well, I use Cantabile for the same purpose and that's awesome!
You can use any VST you like with it and also create plug-ins chains.
Line6 and Neural DSP provide also standalone interface, but Nembrini doesn't, for instance.
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, MJMP is on the mend, he was trying to do to much, young in the mind, older in the body.  My understanding is he's fine, he just needs to take some time. 

@Harley, I just has a quick look at the 1810, you definitely want the 1824 IMHO. 8in/out is the minimum that I'd consider for what I want to do.  Like you I have little interest in all the loops and VSTs etc. I need to be able to do live takes of the band, then overdub the vocals etc. with a studio mic (Rode NT1).  I do all the monitoring from a desk so latency isn't an issue and I have a 4 ch headphone amp for vocal overdubs.  I also like to take a midi track of the electric kit so I can split it up later into individual tracks.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Don't be a stranger!

Dante

Ciao Dante!! How are you doing, amico???
Guess what? If I hadn't the GFX-1, I would be tempted by a GX-700....I had one with my previous ADA MP-1, in the 90s....

I never felt a stranger here: it's full of good friends!
And I'm back to stay!
Funny, I had two of those. I sold one and kept the other one for no good reason. It sounded halfway decent by itself, I must admit. I just used mine for FX

Iperfungus

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Funny, I had two of those. I sold one and kept the other one for no good reason. It sounded halfway decent by itself, I must admit. I just used mine for FX

I had the GX-700 in the past and as you said it was decent.
Today you can find better stuff, but also older units like Quadraverb or Intellifex are way better.
It's a good unit for classic modulation, delay or reverb effects.
The preamp section it's not that awesome, like the drives.

The GFX-1 is a real tube preamp with some effects.
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey Max, now you bring it up, I've got a couple of fx units from various years (E.g. Original Quadverb, SPX90, Midiverb4, TC MOne (So nothing particularly recent??).  Overall, I still like the first QV for my live rig.  The TC MOne is really nice in the studio rig, I haven't quite gelled with the Midiverb4, it's ok(ish) is in my cut back live rig). The SPX90 is in my PA rack, good for drums (snare  >:D ) and some vox (del/rev). Maybe I'd change these older units if there was better things, but ...... :dunno:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up