ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your Favorite FX  (Read 12746 times)

kawai2g4b

Re: Your Favorite FX
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I use a phaser a lot. Specifically my Moog 12 stage phaser with expression pedals. I can do everything from faux wag to ring mod with it.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

MikeB

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Gerry, I use the chorus to get the subtle doubling effect on my distorted tones and my clean ones have the proper chorus sound. I have the reverb mix controlled by one of the expression pedals on my fcb1010 so i can adjust it mid song to suit what I'm doing.
I don't feel tardy!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Gerry, I use the chorus to get the subtle doubling effect on my distorted tones and my clean ones have the proper chorus sound. I have the reverb mix controlled by one of the expression pedals on my fcb1010 so i can adjust it mid song to suit what I'm doing.

For the chorus that's pretty much the same as me.  I could never go back to a mono rig.

I used to have a rack delay set like 10ms on one side with no repeats, but I haven't got around to getting that back up and running.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

I could never go back to a mono rig.
I used to have a rack delay set like 10ms on one side with no repeats,
I totally agree..... stereo rig all the way :thumb-up:

I run 1 delay at 30ms with no repeats and the other varies from patch to patch.
On my cleans I use the 8 voice chorus on the Intellifex. Beautiful sounding chorus 8)
On my med and high gain either pitch shifter (used as a chorus) or my Boss chorus ensemble, sometimes both!
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I quite like a pan effect also.  Never used it in a song though.  Have heard others using it well, that and a Slicer effect.

Heard Judas Priest using a slicer effect before.  And if it wasn't a slicer it did the same thing.

What else do i like?  I like messing aroung with a ring modulator fromn time to time, but it's just crazy.

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50

El Chiguete

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

On my cleans I use the 8 voice chorus on the Intellifex. Beautiful sounding chorus 8)

Damn I sure wish I had that Intellifex 8 voice chorus that so many drool over it for my cleans too!
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Hey RG Chorus on bass (can work well)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnMBix9Zq5o
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Oh I know man, but not always in the style I'm playing.  I mean tonnes of bands had a chorus on the bass in the 80's, it sounds f**king awesome, but I just dunno how I'd squeeze it into our sound  :???:  Perhaps have to wait for the right track to come along.  Our bassist/vocalist has this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSS-BE-5B-BE5-GUITAR-OR-BASS-MULTI-EFFECTS-PEDAL-POWER-SUPPLY-/262152435465?hash=item3d0980b709:m:mW6YvfHtIVKHgzMuDAM9XwA

I bought it for him because he hasn't a clue about gear or settings or anything lol  It has a great compressor/limiter and the modulation is subtle and nice too.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Something neat to try is to have 2 Chorus fx at the same time.   Use the Chorus that comes with the MP-1/2 and acc another set at different Rate and Depth.  The sounds will "crash" into each other when the signal waves momentarily match.   
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up