ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 192882 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #150 on: Time Format »

Why would you use speakers for low volumes?  :crazy:

That's what headphones are for  ;D

I hear what you're saying, and SC has made some good suggestions (although, I never liked the sound of my V30s at low volumes) FWIW: I think the EVs sound fine at low volumes, but they do get a bit crisper at high volumes. So did my old halfstacks - I had a JCM800 and a Carvin X100b for a while, used them both for every show, which is why I use Two 1x12s now.

The appeal of the EVs is that they do NOT break up, no matter how loud I get. I like that.

Chamai

« Reply #151 on: Time Format »

Why would you use speakers for low volumes?  :crazy:

That's what headphones are for  ;D

I hear what you're saying, and SC has made some good suggestions (although, I never liked the sound of my V30s at low volumes) FWIW: I think the EVs sound fine at low volumes, but they do get a bit crisper at high volumes. So did my old halfstacks - I had a JCM800 and a Carvin X100b for a while, used them both for every show, which is why I use Two 1x12s now.

The appeal of the EVs is that they do NOT break up, no matter how loud I get. I like that.

wife gets pissed off if i play too loud.

ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #152 on: Time Format »

Well build a isolated mancave and keep the wife out of there.  :lol:

Chamai

« Reply #153 on: Time Format »

Well build a isolated mancave and keep the wife out of there.  :lol:

buying a new house hopefully next year.

going to sound a proof a room for sure.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #154 on: Time Format »

Ahh one of the upsides of being pleasantly divorced LOL, only neighbors to annoy and on one side they're deaf, the other side they like it LOL.
I've got 3 ADA Slant split stacks. 2 for gigging with Boogie 90w Celetions and one with 70w Celetions (wired for stereo or mono) which I use most of the time (less to lug...). They all sound fine at low vols and great when cranked  >:D . Otherwise I have a spare MP2 in my studio rack so plug it in via its cab sim outs and monitor through the studio monitors, works well at any volume.
Lately MikeB has been running his MP1 rig (with GCS-3 in loop) into my studio rig and I've been using my live rig through the single (stereo) split stack, with bass through a Fender 30w boomer (great little amp BTW), and I just sing (no mic) over that, all in my lounge/studio area. Sometimes we go the other way and MikeB uses the single ADA cab and I use the studio MP2 rig.

I only use headphones if I have to  (e.g. vocal overdubs with condenser mics).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Chamai

« Reply #155 on: Time Format »

Ahh one of the upsides of being pleasantly divorced LOL, only neighbors to annoy and on one side they're deaf, the other side they like it LOL.
I've got 3 ADA Slant split stacks. 2 for gigging with Boogie 90w Celetions and one with 70w Celetions (wired for stereo or mono) which I use most of the time (less to lug...). They all sound fine at low vols and great when cranked  >:D . Otherwise I have a spare MP2 in my studio rack so plug it in via its cab sim outs and monitor through the studio monitors, works well at any volume.
Lately MikeB has been running his MP1 rig (with GCS-3 in loop) into my studio rig and I've been using my live rig through the single (stereo) split stack, with bass through a Fender 30w boomer (great little amp BTW), and I just sing (no mic) over that, all in my lounge/studio area. Sometimes we go the other way and MikeB uses the single ADA cab and I use the studio MP2 rig.

I only use headphones if I have to  (e.g. vocal overdubs with condenser mics).

i can't stand using headphones for some reason. how much $$ you spent on gear? amazing that you can rack up so much ada gear.
found a mint jcm 800 stack at a local store, also has a sticker saying it was played at expo 88 or whatever. wanted it so bad but they said i have to buy it as a set. i really don't want another cab. if the cab have v30 or greenbacks, i don't mind picking up. but its got the g12t75's which im not a fan of. but the condition on this thing is great. never seen one this clean before. 2200 bucks canadian... its expensive for what it is. but the condition... damn. 

whats your take on it?
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #156 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I've got GAS real bad at the moment (picking up hopefully 4th MP2 and got a pair of MB1s and B500B), got told of a pair of vintage slant split stacks today, should I buy them (probably not, I don't need them, but tempted...). Probably the sensible think to say is consolidate what you have, but 2.2k isn't a bad price since it's pristine ?.  But do you need it ? LOL, up to you my friend, it does seem a reasonable deal but will you use it ? I have my old Marshall '72 50w in the corner, I tried it once recently, was a real let down compared the MP1/2.
Headphones have their place, but I'm the same, I don't like using them unless I have to.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #157 on: Time Format »

Hey R,did you change out the original speakers in those ADA cabs,normally they are loaded with 50W celestions?

BTW if you don't like your marshall you can always send it to me,i could always use another one  :lol:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #158 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP, when I bought the cabs the importer (pro audio) was getting the boxes made locally and loading them rather than transport them from the US. I wanted 4 ohm cabs to get the most out of the B200s. Turned out the only 8 ohm Celestians I could get at the time were the 90w Boogies (pro audio was also boogie dealer for Oz). So I went with them. There are some imported ADA cabs around, my single one is an import loaded with 70w 16 ohm celestians (got it from a pawn shop), I wired it to be mono or stereo, goes well with the Carvin TS100 but I can also use it with the Marshall.

There's a couple of ADA vintage split stacks going on Gum tree (http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wollongong-2500/guitars-amps/usa-made-vertical-2x12-celestion-guitar-speaker-cabinets-100w/1070381736
), $200 AUD each, he's modified on of them to be open or closed back. I was tempted but I don't need them and I'd need to go pick them up.

Hey if  ever decide to part with the Marshall I'll let you know  :thumb-up:

Chamai

« Reply #159 on: Time Format »

Hey Chamai, I've got GAS real bad at the moment (picking up hopefully 4th MP2 and got a pair of MB1s and B500B), got told of a pair of vintage slant split stacks today, should I buy them (probably not, I don't need them, but tempted...). Probably the sensible think to say is consolidate what you have, but 2.2k isn't a bad price since it's pristine ?.  But do you need it ? LOL, up to you my friend, it does seem a reasonable deal but will you use it ? I have my old Marshall '72 50w in the corner, I tried it once recently, was a real let down compared the MP1/2.
Headphones have their place, but I'm the same, I don't like using them unless I have to.

one can never have too much gear my friend. i have an extra cab and it bothers me that i have nothing on top of it hahaha. but i really like the sound of a jcm 800. i really don't want that cab because its not my thing. jcm 800 go for 850-1200 canadian used around my area. that extra $1000 bucks can get me other gear that i really need/want. its cool to have a matching cab from the same year, but it all comes to the sound for me. now if i bought got that cab, i would have to buy another from the same era so i could run my mp1 in stereo since i don't have a 4x12. buying that cab/head setup will just lead to more gear.

you gotta stop snatching up those mp2's!! i have never seen one for sale locally. im dying to play it.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Chamai

« Reply #160 on: Time Format »

serious gas
just picked up a jcm 2000 dsl. crunch channel has a jcm 800 type of tone.

traded my 4x10 and +175 bucks cdn cash. go my cab for $250 half a year ago. i would say a pretty good score for a pretty good condition head for a total of $425.

only problem is the reverb tank was removed coz it died.

can anyone recommend me a good reverb? my analog fostex is hooked up to my jcm 900 so i don't want to move it around. not sure how well the 2000 take pedals in the loop though.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #161 on: Time Format »

I'd try a good reverb in the loop first...the DSLs and TSLs I played through (mostly local and shared backline at fly-in gigs) took pedals up front (Wah, OD, Phaser) and in the Loop (Chorus, Delay, Rev) like any other good amp

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #162 on: Time Format »

See if you can get another reverb tank ? I suspect spring reverb (so nice.. :thumb-up: ), otherwise there's lots to choose from I spose. I like the Quadverb reverb, and also the TC units (I've got an M one XL studio variant). My fav digital reverb has always been Lexicon (Lark 224X mmm). Recently used an old SoundCraft Spirit powered desk which had Lexicon reverb included. Very nice and craps on the reverb in my Behringer Eurorack desk, worst effects I've ever heard built into a desk, I think there's one usable patch.

Chamai

« Reply #163 on: Time Format »

See if you can get another reverb tank ? I suspect spring reverb (so nice.. :thumb-up: ), otherwise there's lots to choose from I spose. I like the Quadverb reverb, and also the TC units (I've got an M one XL studio variant). My fav digital reverb has always been Lexicon (Lark 224X mmm). Recently used an old SoundCraft Spirit powered desk which had Lexicon reverb included. Very nice and craps on the reverb in my Behringer Eurorack desk, worst effects I've ever heard built into a desk, I think there's one usable patch.

hooked up to my g major and my 31 band eq last night. wow. amp is pretty damn versatile. i can get a nice old school rock tone to a modern high gain sound. not gonna bother with a reverb tank now. can't wait to play more. had the thing cranked to 6 but this thing does run hot.
Amps:

Guitars:
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Rusty

« Reply #164 on: Time Format »

This is my little compact rig that still needs some work and tweaking. I still need to do the MDRT's & 3TM plus I am considering what rnolan recommended with the true bypass mixer thing for the G major 2. I'm not there yet but still going forward.  :)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 26   Go Up