ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Rig Pix  (Read 189218 times)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Rig Pix
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Many years ago the venues gave us free drinks, then it changed to free tap bear and soft drinks, the changed to free soft drinks (and the alcohol limit for drink driving went from .08 to .05).
So in the end I'd take a little flask of Tequila (bit of a heart starter  >:D ) and a 4 or 6 pack of JD and coke in cooler bag and stash it behind my rig.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

I have a friend (i know - hard to believe, but I do) who has an old Marshall cabinet that he has converted into a big cooler with a 2x12 on top. He has speakers in the top two holes, and a new 'floor' beneath them. Then, in the bottom two holes of the cab, there are fake speakers (just pictures in the holes) and a cooler that is accessible from the back. He can haul in and out without anyone knowing :)

Gotta be careful not to bring a beer that the bar does not sell  >:D

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Yeah they don't like you bringing you own  >:D .  How times change....  :crazy:

kfowler8

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Just finished assembling my rack last night. I'm pretty set for now. Haven't got a whole lot of time to play with it but I like what I hear so far. Only think left to add is a power conditioner.

ADA MP-1 => TC G Major => BBE 362 => Mosvalve MV-982.

I got pretty good deals on all the gear. The only thing I paid a little more for was the MV-982. I paid about $40 more than what I could have gotten the 2U version for. Having a single space was worth spending a little more. These are pretty hard to find.

The only left I may get is a parabolic EQ. I'll drop the wireless in that case.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I know I know....no ADA in there, but this has been/is my live and go-to rig since 2010....I haven't even altered a patch or changed any values further tone-chasing since almost 3 years. Simply found "my tone".
That being said, the Triaxis is a very early V2 with the TX4 Rectifier Board (Vintage Hi-Gain) WITHOUT the later PHAT or FAT mod.
But I´m more into the Mk tones than the Recto.....

Signal-flow:

Guitar>MPX-G2 in>MPX-G2 Loop Send>TRIAXIS in>TRIAXIS Loop Send>MPX-G2 Loop Return>MPX-G2 Out L/R>Triaxis Loop Return L/R>TRIAXIS Out L/R>2:90 In L/R

Still got all these gizmos (MP-1 SS MDRT, MP-1 Classic, MP-2)...

...as well as these (MP-1 Mod3.1 MDRT, MT100)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Nice to see a few posts in here from you, Magnus. Love your rig - a versatile preamp, and a versatile FX device, plugged into a big ol' amp - simplistic and brutal.  :thumb-up:

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Nice to see a few posts in here from you, Magnus. Love your rig - a versatile preamp, and a versatile FX device, plugged into a big ol' amp - simplistic and brutal.  :thumb-up:

...work related time constraints and lack of connectivity due to geographical location restrictions in the past months....getting back on track now ;-)

GuitarBuilder

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I know I know....no ADA in there, but this has been/is my live and go-to rig since 2010....I haven't even altered a patch or changed any values further tone-chasing since almost 3 years. Simply found "my tone".
That being said, the Triaxis is a very early V2 with the TX4 Rectifier Board (Vintage Hi-Gain) WITHOUT the later PHAT or FAT mod.
But I´m more into the Mk tones than the Recto.....

Signal-flow:

Guitar>MPX-G2 in>MPX-G2 Loop Send>TRIAXIS in>TRIAXIS Loop Send>MPX-G2 Loop Return>MPX-G2 Out L/R>Triaxis Loop Return L/R>TRIAXIS Out L/R>2:90 In L/R

Killer setup!  The MPX-G2/Triaxis combo is very hard to beat.  Glad you found your tone!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Hey SC, something you may like to think about (experiment with) is I suspect you are chaining through various digital gadgets before you get to your power amp(s).  I've long held the view to keep the signal analogue all the way and mix in digital things (e.g. the first thing a TC does is AD you analogue signal and then DA it at the output).  Now some digital thingys have a "true" analogue pass through (Inteliflex ?) but most do the AD/DA thing.  I've always use a small mixer and run the FX of aux sends and mixed them back into the analogue signal.  My mate MikeB (has my original MP1 rig now) was chaining through his TC Gmaj.  We changed it using the ART split mix to mix in his TC not chain through it (posted to death elsewhere here), quite a significant improvement :thumb-up: , he also runs a GCS3 in his MP1 loop, also works great for DI/recording.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

The Lexicon MPX-G2 goes in 4cable-method with the Triaxis...most transparent (besides the Eventide Eclipse and the AxeFx) unit I´ve come across so far....makes the TC G-Major (and in parts the G-Force) sound like a Pod 2.0 ;-)
MPX-G2 lets you adjust routing to your tastes....series, parallel, fx-order....

The Digitech GSP1101 also goes in 4cable-method with the MP-1. Also cuz I like to have certain FX (Wah, OD, Comp, Flanger, Phaser) before the Preamp and others after/in the loop. The Xpression is actually not in the GSP1101/ADA chain, it´s hooked to a Fishman Aura for Accoustic and Piezo stuff, in the MIDI chain however...

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

So you still got alot of ADA gear,nice!

El Chiguete

« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

The Lexicon MPX-G2 goes in 4cable-method with the Triaxis...most transparent (besides the Eventide Eclipse and the AxeFx) unit I´ve come across so far....makes the TC G-Major (and in parts the G-Force) sound like a Pod 2.0 ;-)
MPX-G2 lets you adjust routing to your tastes....series, parallel, fx-order....

The Digitech GSP1101 also goes in 4cable-method with the MP-1. Also cuz I like to have certain FX (Wah, OD, Comp, Flanger, Phaser) before the Preamp and others after/in the loop. The Xpression is actually not in the GSP1101/ADA chain, it´s hooked to a Fishman Aura for Accoustic and Piezo stuff, in the MIDI chain however...

I really tried today to set the in and outs levels to have everything match but I deffietly hear something added when I put my MPX-G2 in front... after doing all the testing I realice that maybe its just that signal gets buffered and I'm hearing more highs than normal in the tone and is that added ¨clarity¨ I think that is making me not hear the warmth of plugging direct to the MP-1. Does this make any sense??

BTW, how do you set your routing (series, mix, parallel)?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Strange....I have no tone sucking or whatsoever.....can you somehow compensate (by altering Treb/Pres)??

My routing is pretty straightforward most of the time...series....
Guitar>MPX-G2{Wah>OD}>Triaxis>MPX-G2{Chorus>Delay>Reverb}>Triaxis>2:90

Within the MPX-G2 the FX chains in my patches are almost identical, basically just turn on/off certain parts of the chain when switching patches or have some different settings in Dly. That goes for the Hi-Gain patches. A couple have the harmonizer in place of the Chorus.
Clean patches are also Wah(R1 Toe Switch)>Comp>Flanger/Phaser>Triaxis>Chorus>Delay>Reverb>Triaxis>2:90

Just a couple are using parallel routing where I have certain of the parallel routed FX being controlled (Mix) with the Rocktron Hex expression pedal

The Hex is normally (almost global) set as a Master Volume.
The Wah from the MPX-G2 I prefer is the Vox type, has (imho) a bit more "substance" and does´t sound quite as "narrow" as the Cry Baby in there....

El Chiguete

« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Chaos after an hour playing around with different settings I think I know whats my issue... but first, do you have any issues with with the ¨SEND¨ of the MPX-G2 that is a line level signal going in the input of your Triaxis that is an instrument level signal?

I think this is my problem because I notice that if I bypass the unit it got a bit of volume drop so I went to Edit/Mix and put the Send level at -8 and I think is level the signal now is ok, so that was probably the extra boost I was having in the signal. I actually figured this out long time ago but forgot about it because I started only to use it for postgain effects.

So should I mod the rear panel to make it Line Level or play with this Send level in the mix?

BTW the send level mix only works when you place something in the pregain section of the MPX-G2 (effect/eq/... or just simply a volume effect block).
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Will dig into the manual after work today and reply 2night in the MPX-G2 thread in the FX section :thumb-up:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up