ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 with Marshall? Mod  (Read 3435 times)

Randy R

MP1 with Marshall? Mod
« on: Time Format »

Help,
I have an MP1 that has had the Marshall Mod done to it. I have owned it for about 8 months and love it! Today I turned everything on and have no power on my MP1. I checked the fuze it is good. I plugged it in and checked for power at the fuze and have nothing. I am assuming the transformer went out. I am wondering where I can purchase on of these. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in the middle of Kansas in a small town so anything I get will have to be ordered from somewhere else.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: MP1 with Marshall? Mod
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Randy

I have a few 110V transformers if you're interested but before i sell you one i want to make sure that the tranny is busted.Don't want to sell you something you don't need.So what happends if you fire it up?I guess nothing at all?
Do you have a voltmeter?If so send me an email and i'll send you a pdf file with the wire layout of the tranny and the voltages you need to have.
also one thing to try is get the tubes out and then fire it up,see if that does something?

BTW is this a mod 1 or a mod 4?

Randy R

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Marshall,
My MP1 has Mod1. It was actually sold (originally) here on ADA Depot. It has the "noise mod" ceramic tube sockets,2.01 software, battery mod, battery circuit mod and even the top and bottom covers powder coated. The guy actually goes on and on with other upgrades. Sound familiar?  Got all this info from the original eBay ad.
I do have a volt meter. Nothing at all happens when I power the unit up. I am not an electronic tech, but I usually open stuff up and look for big flashing arrows. In this case, I checked the cord, fuse and power switch. They all check out good and I didn't see any burn marks.  I am planning on opening it back up this afternoon to check to see if there is any voltage at all coming off the transformer.
Also, I am new to this sight and I can't seem to find an email address for you. My email is poolngolf@cox.net. I would love to have the schematics you offered. Thanks!

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No problem,i will attach the pdf file.This is for a 220V tranny,but it doesn't matter since the secondary voltages are the same for both the 110 and 220v tranny's.This is ac voltage!!! so set the meter to ac.

Just measure on the red connectors.
Pages: [1]   Go Up