ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digitech Studio Quad V2  (Read 10868 times)

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
Re: Digitech Studio Quad V2
« Reply #30 on: Time Format »

I think by now Boss has well overcome this and are hitters in their own right and have been for some time.

But back to the point, in my investigation into other units quite a few of them have predefined algorithms.  But my trouble is I wasn't sure what the hell any of them were for.  I was looking at this through serial connection only.  And now that I've realised how to get the serial connection to work I'll probably stick with that. My trouble as the mixer settings.

Say I was using chorus, and I had a mix of 50 dry and 50 wet on each channel, well the output of the chorus needs to be 100% going into the next effect.  Then the next effect (reverb in this case) you have to have the mix 100% each channel and then control the mix of both effects using the reverb output.  Taking this output down fully leaves a dry guitar signal, adding it back in gives you the chorus going into the reverb effect blend.  I still don't fully get why this is but it seems to be the way it works.  Now I'm not sure what way it will work with a third effect inserted before the Chorus but I'll soon find out.  I'll never use the RSS effect so literally only mod, delay reverb I need this unit for and perhaps occasionally the eq.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Digitech Studio Quad V2
« Reply #31 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, it seems (though not shown on the diagrams on pg 17) that there is a direct L/R bus that the Fx chain mixes back into (Dirct: Direct level), so on a mixer this would be like the the preamp output routed/assigned direct to the main L/R outs.  The Fx chain is then mixed into this bus controlled overall by the last effector in the chains output level.  Apart from Eq (which is strictly serial (in the Fx chain) when it's in), all the other Fxs let you mix (they call it balance) the amount of effect with whatever their input signal is (i.e. from the previous effector/unit in the chain).  So these all mix into the Fx chain in parallel and the whole Fx chain is like a parallel loop (send/retrn) with the dry signal.  So having the last effector/unit in the chain (normally reverb) at 100% wet is how you'd do it with a mixer as it is then being mixed with the dry input signal (controlled by the Dirct: Direct Level) and the last effector units output level.  So think 4 faders, panned L/R in pairs, 1&2 are direct (MP1), and 3&4 is the Fx return all assigned to the main mix bus.

The effector chain is like (conceptually) a separate mixer with a stereo send for each effector all coming back into separate L/R channel pairs which have their own sends (like on a mixer).  This isn't quite as versatile as a mixer in that the effectors are in a preset (algorithm) order (albeit variable to some extent).
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up