• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

compare of 3TM & 3.666

Started by Zobie, July 11, 2014, 01:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobie

Dear all MP-1 nuts

i got stock MP1 with BBE 482i into Randall Diavlo. planning to mod 3TM & 3.66. i did contact MarshallJMP for the cost of parts but still no decision yet

my favorite tone is very tight rhythm & high gain solo. Testament album Souls of black is the reference tone

can you guys share 3TM or 3.666 mod able to fulfill my needs?

Cheers/ Zobie

rnolan

This sounds like a good one for RandallRG (Steve)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Zobie

Dear all. anyone able to share the experience on 3TM or 3.666 ?

i do have lot research though YouTube but still want to hear your opinions

RobbHell

f*ck yea a Testament fan met too! 3.666 all the way. I have both and even my Prototype mod. The 3TM is good for leads but I always ended up using outboard Eq. The 3.666 has a meaner Gain structure. Perfect for those Testament tones. Really helps to own a Mesa  as well. I've recording clips with my Brutal mod and theres a few other things I'm going to.add to the mod. But I've beggining to get some very sick tones. I honestly think my 3TMs are going to set around and collect dust.The EQ mods helps the 3TM out quite a bit.

RobbHell

Even with its added Gain stage the 3TM Without a EQ mod or outboard EQ stills sounds very Butt Rockish like the Stock MP1. And just FYI i'm.getting the same amount of useable Gain from my Two Tube Boards.

Zobie

appreciated for the comment. your Brutality mod sounds outstanding & i'll wait for the demo clips