ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please note "Depot New Registrations Temporarily Suspended" Please see discussions for how to register.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Axe FX  (Read 14186 times)

RobbHell

Re: Axe FX
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

$2500 seriously wtf? Fora digital product...? Why would you do that lol? Why do people think  you can get the same sounds as a real amp with Digital? Tone has been and will Always be  Guitar-Amp-Mic period.  Whats funny is most people think its sounds good but have yet to ever own a Amp that actually produces. I can always spot Fake Distortion. Hella 90's solid state sounds better than the crap they make today. Perfect example Line 6 Users go and fire up the Line6 Chunky patch or any fake ass patch. When it comes to.Digital ill leave it up to T.C. Electronics or Eventide. Unless the Axe Fx can do what a H3000 or H5000 does .. I could give a rats ass. Just another bullshit overpriced Digital fakeness. $2500 a unit is not even worth the Research and Development of that product. Ppen that Axe Fx up and I bet youll find TL072s or TL084s lol

RobbHell

« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

And to top it off Digital Mic,Cab sims really... Does anyone hear know anything about Analog Passive/Active filters... ? Thats why the Microcab sounds better than any of the modeling Garbage. I hate Modeling. And if I did use Modeling I'd use my Bad Ass Mac.. why? Univeral Audio makes the best DSP engines ever... I dont recall their UAD chipset being in AXE Fx so... Yup

RobbHell

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

It just grinds my gears to her people rave about AXE FX or Line 6. Boss has done decent job with their COSM. I just waiting for someone to post Hey! Check out these killer Tones im getting with my Guitar plugged into my SmartPhone or Android.

El Chiguete

« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Robb did you hear of the new AXE FX floor processor that it's coming out soon? It will just be an effects floor procesor ment for people that want to have the preamp tone of there tube amp and then use that for the pre and post effects.
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

RobbHell

« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Thats cool I guess. Theirs just other companies that have done digital effects longer and I like their work. Its just that everytime  I hear Modeling.... the sounds they produce arent the worst but sound like there Wax paper covering the sounds. Example Marshall Modeling... sounds Marshallish but sounds like their is Wax paper over the Tone. Line 6 products are even worse. Ive just about removed most of the Line 6 from my studio... I think we have one floor unit left.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Hey El, sounds more interesting than the cloning.  The AxeFX according to their blurb has some fairly good DSP power under the lid (not that I'm a big fan of DSP but I do like my Quadverb and TC M one xl particularly for reverb).  The thing will be how do you "blend" it in.  If you plug your guitar through it it will A/D D/A you signal, as it will also in MP1 loop unless it has a true analogue pass through of your direct sound/signal, so again you're at the mercy of A/D D/A converters ... The TC has reasonably decent AD/DA converters but, having tested  MP1 through TC GMaj OR mixing it into analogue signal, the difference it quite apparent.
If you can "blend" it into your signal, then from what I've read the effects and effects routing should be very versatile. Then again, I'm with Robb here, analogue effects sound better (although for reverb, I think digital wins out, making a good reverb room in you house has logistical issues lol).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

For what it's worth (and I can't really compare because I haven't hear any of them live next to me) if I had the money I would preffer to buy a Kemper over an AXE FX.

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

RobbHell

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

I don't get that excited about digital guitar products. What I am waiting for is Axe of Line6 to do a digital controlled Reconfigureable  usingVCA'$. A Tube preamp that can have it circuitry rerouted to actually be the Preamp sections they clone or model. That would be Epic.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

I.E an MP3  :thumb-up: There's a thread what would you like in MP3 I just hope the A/DA guys are listening  :wave:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Yeha Robb look up that thread and put your wishlist for what a MP-3 should be.

custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

mike_mp-1

« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

As others have pointed out, not knocking the AXE FX unit, but they are modelling after something that is already sounding good, but they are doing it starting with a digital signal ?

I like plugging into guitar rig and practising, and heck even recording with it, but listening to it long enough, drives me crazy. Yeah consistent, but the sounds are so direct, my ears start to cry for analog gear...lol

I have a friend who has a Line 6 HD 300 floor board, great sound he gets at practise, low volumes sounds pretty good, but it is always the consistent in your face sound. When he used to take his 50 watt Marshall amp, with only pre amp tube in it to smaller gigs, the same shit kept happening, we CANNOT hear you the crowd would always say, and no matter how loud he turned his amp up, it was either to freaken loud, or just not there.

I brought him to a friends place (who has many tube amps), said plug your pedal into the power stage of one of these amps. Every time we go to a gig now, he wants to know if he can borrow the tube amp...lol

Major difference, still gets the nice tone, but even nicer that the tubes make it warmer, and he can actually cut through and be heard.

Like I said, not knocking the AXE or any other modeller, heck I use a Zoom Z2.9 tube board with a tube amp, and sounds pretty good. The reason for the floor board was the midi to change the channels on the MP-2 and Sansamp (using 4 cable method), and use the effects on the floor board as stomp boxes. But since the tube pedal sounded good and downsized a bit, I only use the board with a tube amp.

I have plugged the MP-2 back into the signal chain to record, and prefer it much more over the guitar rig or VST plugins, for overdub, for sure, adds a little bit more depth.

I have found that I only need 1 good heavy distortion, semi crunch, and clean with some added effects, so not even using the pedal board to it's fullest either.

If the effects in the AX FX are what others have said, I would use it for that, but the cost cannot be justified unless I was running a studio or making tons of money, both of which I do not do...lol

The other thing I noticed, is so many people want to cover other bands tones, and do it via a cover band, but yet, the solo's they play are not even close to the original solos, so why bother with trying to replicate someone else's tone when the solo is not replicated...lol

Digital modellers are good tools, and it all depends what you want and looking for.

I just wanted to play rock covers, and found couple of decent distortions, good clean from a tube amp which I keep referring back to, and happy at that.

M

finstah

• Jurrie Rocks
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Unless you've actually had the pleasure of playing thru an AxeFX, don't criticize it. I've had mine for 6 years and I absolutely love it. Yes the price is steep, but it's replaced my entire rack and is easier on the back.  :thumb-up:

RobbHell

« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

I will say the Impulse technology is very cool and the fact you upload your own made impulses is even cooler.

ADA has it Pros and Cons as well.

No stress bro.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up