ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 in a Box Finally  (Read 32445 times)

zeppelin

MP1 in a Box Finally
« on: Time Format »

Caption Please.
I got nothing to say but it doesn't look a versatile MP1

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: MP1 in a Box Finally
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

mmm. But probably a great stomp box if that's what you are after (e.g. in FX loop of other setups) Although I suspect you can buy MP1 for less and have all the benefits (midi etc.. apart from age..)
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

El Chiguete

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Wonder where the eq points will be... will it have the lack of bass like the original?
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

kawai2g4b

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

With as many modders as we have here someone will likely find a way to substitute a stomp switch for the clean/distortion sliding switch.   Not that I'm suggesting anything  O:-).  For occasional pedalboard junkies like me this would definitely have a use for me.  Definitely should give it a spin when I get the chance.
Pearce G2R with ADA TFX4 in loop.
ADA MB-1/B500B
And other non ADA stuff.

Kawai AQ-500 guitar, Korean Fender Lite Ash Strat, Electra X930 MPC modded, G&L L2K basses, Peavey T40, Fernandes basses.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Absolutely  >:D go team LOL (and I agree, foot switch for voicing, a good idea, gives you 2 sounds foot selectable).  Hey El haven't seen a spec sheet yet, but good point re the bass centre freq, I just checked the A/DA site, it's not on there yet, seems we got the scoop (go Monty  :thumb-up: ). If you put this in a MP1 loop, you'll have a 4TM LOL (and if it's really quiet, hopefully not add too much noise (like putting MP1 in other MP1 loop, way noisy IIRC)) so may work well for those hear chasing lots of gain ?? Hey I could put 2 of them in MP2 loops (6TM  >:D ). I think/suspect this will work really well for those using MP1 in their GT5 (or similar loops). And really hot up/bring to life older guitar amps (like my 1972 Marshall 50). I'd also like to know what tubes they've used. But I'm sure we'll find out in the fullness of time... So glad they've gone with tubes again !!!

monty

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey guys. Full info will be posted very soon. Right now the first run is coming off the line. We will have new photos and information available shortly!

Also some demos will start popping up in about a week or so.

RobbHell

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

I was excited at first to see this but upon reading I'm not impressed.  For one theres No channel changer only a switch to go between Clean and Dist Tube. Second a 12Vdc walwart wtf?!
ADA's attempt to get sales out of us. By todays standards it not hard to make a Hair Metal pedal and call it the Mp1 Channel. These so much more going on inside an original Mp1 that I see this pedal coming close but no cake and when the description wrote 280 volts like the original I had to laugh... The original never exceeded 190v and sure as hell wasnt powered by a 12volt walwart.
Cute but I see a Gimmick in the works.

RobbHell

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hopefully the raised the filament voltage lol

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey guys. Full info will be posted very soon. Right now the first run is coming off the line. We will have new photos and information available shortly! Also some demos will start popping up in about a week or so.
Hey Monty, no worries, thanks for the early heads up  :thumb-up: appreciated. I set up a child board for audio/video clips (so you can put some there). Interested to know what tubes you guys selected for it ? LOL
Cheers R

El Chiguete

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Hey Monty, no worries, thanks for the early heads up  :thumb-up: appreciated. I set up a child board for audio/video clips (so you can put some there). Interested to know what tubes you guys selected for it ? LOL
Cheers R

Maybe after all the talk in this forum they will go with the Mullar reissues jeje
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Hey El, well that would be my preference (mmm.. Mullard long plates) LOL (no secrets there). Though I did like the original bottles ADA used in both M1 and MP2, Chinese tubes and very nice...well pumped also, they lasted so long...

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Cheers R

Maybe after all the talk in this forum they will go with the Mullar reissues jeje

:thumb-up:  :lol:

monty

« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

http://adaamps.com/Products/ada-MP1/MP1.htm

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Hey Monty, Cool, but no user manual yet. Does the clean voicing just use OD1 ? And what tubes were hand selected ?? (obviously lots of interest in that here). Sort plates ? long plates ?

monty

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Can't really say tooooo much just yet. There are a few things being finalized. The tubes are high gain, selected for low noise and microphonics. They're not cheap ;)
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up