ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rocktron Intellifex Help  (Read 5006 times)

Luke Gibson

Rocktron Intellifex Help
« on: Time Format »

I have an old blackface Intellifex and need a little help with setting up a couple of good sounding echo and reverb patches.  I've modified some of the default patches to sound ok but think someone with more experience with the Intellifex could do a lot better.... Does anyone have any favorites they use?

Thanks in advance,
Luke

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Rocktron Intellifex Help
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Luke, I haven't used an Intellifex but the basics of what they do is the same as other multi effect units.  So the majority of the effects are time based, chorus is very short delay and modulate the delayed signal, delay is delay, and reverb is lots and lots of different delays (reflections).
With both delay and reverb times you can set them to the speed of the song, some units have a Tap feature so you can tap along with the song and set the delay time.  Or work out the speed in beets per second and then decide your delay time (1/4 beat, half beat etc).  Some where between 250ms and 300 ms is usable short(ish) delay time, go for longer for the big echo's (depends how/what you are playing), adjust the feedback for how many repeats you want. Of course there's lots of delay types, I generally use a stereo L 250ms R 300ms not much feedback and mixed quite back (as is on my rhythm sound).  If you want the longest delays they will be mono as stereo takes more resources etc..
For reverb (and I have reverb on all sounds), you can get pedantic (like when your recording) and make sure the reverb time is a product of the song speed e.g. 2.5 seconds.  There are also lots of reverb variables to emulate many different spaces. On guitar I usually go for a small room and turn the low and hi pass filters off, a little pre-delay. Plate reverb is good for percussive stuff, I use it on drums.
Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Luke Gibson

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Thank you for the detailed response, I'm still learning how to navigate the Intellifex parameters. My old QuadraVerb was a lot easier... 

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Luke, no worries, happy to help  :thumb-up: .  The Quadverb manual has very good explanations of the different parameters and how they change the various effects (much more detailed than my summary) , I don't have one in soft copy, only the one that came with mine 30 years (ish) ago.  Also the Intellifex should have a decent manual ??  There may also be a program around to let you program it from you PC ??  MikeB has something like that for his TC GMaj.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up