ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ADA's Best Gear  (Read 12315 times)

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: ADA's Best Gear
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

I thought I was being pretty direct...not just to you, to EVERYONE who wants me to try out their gear. That's how far I'm willing to go  :lol:

@Richard: You should definitely notice this with the Quadraverb. I sure did with my MP-2.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Well R is comming over in october maybe you should also book a flight to Belgium,got a lot of stuff you can try out  ;D

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

ADA did a LOT of cool stuff with everything they made.  Peter brought up a good point about the Serial/Parallel Loop that reminded me that the Quad Tube has both a Stereo AND a Mono FX Loop.  :o  Who even does cool stuff like that now?   :dunno:

I tell ya, if ADA poured all their coolest bits into one unit......it would've swallowed the sun and then pulled the universe inside out into a negative universe.  :lol:  Imagine, all Dark being Light and all Light becoming Dark...we'd probably go blind.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Yep true,they did make a lot of cool stuff and the good thing is it's still cool these days and sounds way better then all this modern DSP shit.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Yep true,they did make a lot of cool stuff and the good thing is it's still cool these days and sounds way better then all this modern DSP shit.
+1  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

AMEN! :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

David Drake

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

I saw the 120 day warning, but had to add my 2 cents.
I want to check the MP-1 marker cause that's what got me this deep into this rabbit hole, but I am broken with the commitment of this statement... Mulling it through I would have to say the Microcab and its almost evolution into the Ampulator. I now have both and use both to relate what I hear (live) to recoardings, It has been a failsafe for me when recording /or reforcing guitiar tracks live (in a time frendly $$ point). Sorry if it offinds, Just my take on the question_
« Last Edit: Time Format by David Drake »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Hey Dave, good answer, it's hard to say just one bit of kit as everything they made was good and well thought out.  I'd be lost without my MP-2, love it and the cab emulation has meant I didn't need anything else to record.  On the other hand, there is so much ADA made we never saw in Australia.  I would have bought a Quadtube if they had been imported here, I never knew over 3/4 of the things they made existed before I joined the depot.  Perfect for what I want (these days particularly).  I've thought about building a combo rig with MP-2, Fx unit, power amp.  And now MJMP has a brand new one (jealous lol)
I didn't know about a/the 120 day warning, I'll check it out, maybe it's a poll thing, not something we do that often.

Edit: BTW 120 day warning removed  :thumb-up:
« Last Edit: Time Format by rnolan »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Same here, I'd be lost without my ADA rig.

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

I didn't know about a/the 120 day warning, I'll check it out, maybe it's a poll thing, not something we do that often.

It was a standard Advisory or reminder that ".....the thread about to be posted in was 120 or more days old....and do you still want to post?"   No worries.   :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Hey Dave,

No right or wrong answers here. We just answer based on our experience with the ADA gear we own, and or use.
     It just gets to be a harder question to answer when you own a lot of ADA gear and you like what each one can do.

Although these days, when I play a live gig, I use my Fender gear, my ADA gear has a happy home in the studio, and nothing can come close to it. IF the question come up " Does my Fender rig sound as good as my ADA rig?" The answer would be no, it just sounds like really good Fender gear, it's just a lot more compact and simplified for live gigs.

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

rabidgerry

• Superhero Member
  • HEAVY METAL
    • Rabid Bitch of the North band facebook
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

I can only vouch for the MP1 I'm afraid.  I'm sure the other gear is fantastic, but I'm not a hard core ADA-er despite being around here for a long while now.  It is what got me into rack stuff.
"whadda ya want? we want Heavy Metal"

Guitars:1986 Westone Dimension IV, 1989 Korean Squier Fat Strat Silver Series, 1998 Korean Squier Fat Strat, MIM Fender Fat Strat - FR, Squier Stagemaster Deluxe - Thru Neck x 2, Squier Stagemaster 22 Fret - 1st Gen, 1999 Squier Showmaster - Anniversary Edition, Squier Showmaster, Tokai FV40 Flying V

Effects:  Ada Mp1, Peavey Rockmaster, Boss GX700 Boss SX700 * Amps:   Rocktron Velocity 300 - Koch ATR4502 - Peavey Classic 50/50
Cabs: 4 x Bugera 2 x 12"
Midi Controller: Behringer FCB1010

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Hey RG, well I for one am glad it brought you here :thumb-up: , your contributions, discussions, questions etc. are very much appreciated. 

BTW, I turned off the post age warning, it can be set to any number of days (default 120).  Given the nature of this site it doesn't add any particular value (IMHO).  Though if people want it on or set to a particular day length let me know.  I thought about say 365 days (i.e. one year) etc. but the posts on the depot are, for the most part at least, not time sensitive. So it didn't make any sense to set it, not that it hurts anything.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Hey Dave,

No right or wrong answers here. We just answer based on our experience with the ADA gear we own, and or use.
     It just gets to be a harder question to answer when you own a lot of ADA gear and you like what each one can do.

Although these days, when I play a live gig, I use my Fender gear, my ADA gear has a happy home in the studio, and nothing can come close to it. IF the question come up " Does my Fender rig sound as good as my ADA rig?" The answer would be no, it just sounds like really good Fender gear, it's just a lot more compact and simplified for live gigs.

Harley 8)
Harley and I live in a small world sometimes. I do the same thing - keep the precious ADA gear at home and take the Peavey head or my Hughes & Kettner combo. The ADA stuff is like an endangered species, delicate. I want to preserve it for as long as I can.

Do either of the rigs sound as good as the ADA, of course not. But, they really don't have to. They're good enough for who they're for...a live audience of drunks yelling "FREEBIRD" after your encore song(s)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

I still take my my rack to a gig. Just need it, can't play without it. I'm ... hooked ::)
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up