ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 does not change Presets correctly  (Read 32967 times)

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: MP-1 does not change Presets correctly
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

With my G major 2 I found it has to be last in the midi chain for all to work properly. Seems that Behringer board has a lot of issues, sold mine and got a Ground control pro. IIRC I set my MP1 to channel 16 and GM2 to channel 2. For some strange reason it was the only way it worked :dunno:
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Hey guys,

i tested a bit more, but unfortunately without success.

I changed the midi-routing to: FCB Out -> GMaj2 Midi In ->  GMaj2 Midi Thru -> ADA Midi In but it stays the same problem.
Another Idea was that th behaviour depends on changing(or not) the ADA Voicing (Dist-> SS, Dist->Clean Tube, etc.), but this did not fix it either.
I even tested every single MIDI-Channel on the ADA

Have you got any other things I could check?

Mmmm maybe but i doubt if it will work,you could try to replace the optocoupler on the midi board.It's a PC-900,it's cheap and from what i can recall it's in a socket so easy to replace.If you look on the midi board inside the mp-1 it's the only 6 pin ic.(near the midi jacks).But like i said no guarantee.

Or like Soloist says,could be just the behringer.Do you use long midi cables?

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Hey Soloist,

thanks for the answer, but still no proper function. Put the ADA back in first place of MIDI-Cabling. Also tried your solution with ADA on PC1/ Gmaj2 on PC2 asnd other way around. Still the same.

A mate got the same setup, but i did not make it to test his FCB. But afaik hes got no Problems. But since the GMaj2 is working fine on all Channels i doubt that it's the FCB but the ADA (  :( )

I assume you do not have this as spare part in your shop? Which of these parts would you suggest?
My MIDI Cable measures about 5m I think. Got nothing to measure exactly.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Maybe do some testing/swapping at your mate's place before you start replacing?

Goh think i have a few lying around.Where are you from ?

Griphook

« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

I'm from Germany(NRW). Just in case the swapping/testing won't work either I could be ready to go with the spare part.

The mate's palce a long way to travel, but maybe I'll see him this weekend  :dunno:

I just tested 2 more MIDI-Cables including  a 1m KLOTZ-Cable. So I'm pretty sure this is not a Cable-Issue :/

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Hey Griphook, does the MP1 change properly bog standard ie just FCB > MP1 and normal 1 to 1 mapping in FCB. If this works, then you can run the GMaj off the MP1 midi out and map the GMaj programs you want in the MP1. I know this isn't quite what you are trying to do, but again, if it works it will give you the result
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

Hey R,

I tried this with just sending 1 single PC, and look, it works "bog standard" (I like that phrase, will keep it :D ).
But as soon as I send a second PC on a different channel the strange behaviour comes up.

Unfortunately I still don't know whether the MP-1 is not able to deal 2 different ProgrammChanges or the FCB screws them up :/

EDIT: I believe that the MP1 just receives on all channels and gets confused(so it decides just to change nothing), because if I try the following, the MP1s Display flashes the PC2-Value:
FCB sending PC1 Channel 1 (ADA), PC2 Channel 2 (GMaj2), PC5 Channel 1(ADA). So the ADA gets the PC 2 times and every single stomp on the button the PC2-Value shows up a short time before changing to the correct preset (sporadically) .
« Last Edit: Time Format by Griphook »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Does this happen even if you set the midi channel on 1 on the mp-1?

Griphook

« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Ups. Forgot to write that.
Yes, MP-1 is Set to channel 1 and GMaj 2receives on Channel 2

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

I told you we'd teach you some Australian LoL  :wave:

Griphook

« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Yep  ;D

I just don't get the Mapping on the MP1 done. The Manual does confuse me :-/

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Mmm, just re-read my old MP1 manual, it isn't particularly intuitive. I'm more familiar with the MP2 which gives you a MIDI change table (x = x etc). So in section 4.0 MIDI Functions, it describes how to take any external change number (1 - 128) and map that to any MP1 internal patch (1 to 128). If you press PRGM button (active), the display will show the midi pc number being sent to it, say 10, to map that to a different internal MP1 patch press MEM, scroll/select the patch number say 55, press MEM now when the MP1 gets 11 on its midi in it will change to its internal patch of 55 (which is also sent to the MP1 midi out).

Alternately, you can do the mapping in the GMaj as it has it's own mapping table eg send 11 to MP1, (MP1 changes to 11), GMaj also hears 11 (from MP1 midi through) use the GMaj change table to map that to whatever say 60 (GMaj goes to 60) (or maybe 59, if it's a 0 - 127 unit like my Quadverb). For both scenarios the MP1 and GMaj can be set to omni (all 16 midi channels).

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Strange!!Now don't know if this will help,but sometimes the midi stops to work and if you clear the Ram memory it starts working again.So maybe this could also work for you,or not,but maybe you could try it.The only downside is you loose all your presets (and midi mapping).

Griphook

« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

If you press PRGM button (active), the display will show the midi pc number being sent to it, say 10, to map that to a different internal MP1 patch press MEM, scroll/select the patch number say 55, press MEM now when the MP1 gets 11 on its midi in it will change to its internal patch of 55 (which is also sent to the MP1 midi out).

Alternately, you can do the mapping in the GMaj as it has it's own mapping table eg send 11 to MP1, (MP1 changes to 11), GMaj also hears 11 (from MP1 midi through) use the GMaj change table to map that to whatever say 60 (GMaj goes to 60) (or maybe 59, if it's a 0 - 127 unit like my Quadverb). For both scenarios the MP1 and GMaj can be set to omni (all 16 midi channels).

We'll see, what I can do :) Thanks for this

Strange!!Now don't know if this will help,but sometimes the midi stops to work and if you clear the Ram memory it starts working again.So maybe this could also work for you,or not,but maybe you could try it.The only downside is you loose all your presets (and midi mapping).

But I can restore the Factory-Presets right? Or will they be lost too?

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

Factory presets are in the eprom so these can always be set back into the RAM.So no you won't loose these,you just have to reload them.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up