ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 does not change Presets correctly  (Read 32967 times)

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!

Heyho Guys,

I got an MP1 v2.00 a couple of weeks ago.
Also i got an Behringer FCB1010 Floorboard(stock/no unO) and a TC Electronic G-Major 2.

My Setup is as follows:
Signal: Guitar --> ADA Front Input --> ADA Outputs A/B -->G Major 2 Inputs A/B --> G Major 2 Output Mono --> Laney Head FX Return
MIDI: FCB1010 Out --> ADA MIDI In --> ADA MIDI Thru --> G Major 2 MIDI In

ADA listening on MIDI Channel 1
G Major 2 listening on MIDI Channel 16
So I got the FCB sending 2 Program Changes per Preset (PC1 [Midi Channel 16] / PC2 [Midi Channel 1])

My Problem now is:
If I press „Bank 1 #3“ on the FCB the G Major 2 is supposed to change to Preset 13 and ADA to Preset 102
If  I press „Bank 1 # 7“ on the FCB the G Major 2 is supposed to change to Preset 17 and ADA to Preset 38
Sometimes this change works, sometimes the ADA stays on ist preset and only the G Major 2 switches correctly (which it does every time correctly)

I made a small mp4 video, which I uploaded on zippyshare to show the problem better (Watch out, its around 40 MB but only 18 seconds  :dunno: ).
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/3ghH2aUa/file.html

If I put both devices listening on MIDI Channel  1 the G Major 2 works fine and the ADA switches very often to preset #128 and stays there.

I Hope you can help me with this issue.

Thank you and sorry for my bad English (I’m German  :) )

Greetings
Griphook

EDIT: I did not see the Troubleshooting-Category, but I think this topic will suit better in that category. So could any Moderator move this Thread? :)
« Last Edit: Time Format by Griphook »

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: MP-1 does not change Presets correctly
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

What happends if you put the midi channel on the mp-1 to all?

Griphook

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey MJMP,

thanks alot for this quick answer!  :)

It seems to work, but can you explain me why?  :thumb-up:

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

No not really,i always use the "all" setting.

Griphook

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Oh okay, as long as it works.

Thanks for this, but now some of the MP-1 presets show another strange behavior.
PC #19 gets me to preset #16,
PC #20 goes to Preset #29,

So the Mapping does not seem to be okay. Is there any possibilty to configure that each ProgramChange-Number equals the same Preset-Number in the MP-1?

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

The manual will tell you how to sort your Midi Mapping.  A good read if you don't already have the manual and are relatively new to the MP-1.    :wave: 
Check it here:
http://adadepot.com/manuals/ADA-MP1-manual-version-1.pdf

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

You can do a 1 to 1 midi mapping reset.

Press the STORE button and then BANK + 2 (togheter) .When it worked the display should show the command.

Griphook

« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Guys,

Sorry for not answering that whole time.

thanks alot for your help :)
the Remapping worked fine :)
Can it be that version 2 of the manual is for the V2.xx MP1 and Version 1 for 1.38?
I understand Version 1 better than Version 2.

So everything should be okay.

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Yes that's correct.Well for me i like the version 2 better,i think it's a matter of opinion  :lol:

But working on 2 different midi channels still doesn't work i presume?

Hey R doesn't Mike B has the same setup?Maybe he could try it and see if it works on his rig?

Griphook

« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

Havent tried 2 Channels Again. As long as other Devices only hear on their specific channel, I dont mind that problem. Maybe i could try some other channels than channel 1 for the MP-1.

I also got my unO-Chip for the FCB. Maybe this does the Job better. I will tell you as soon as i tested it :)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

Ok keep us updated.

MikeB

« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

Yep, i have the same setup.  My mp1 listens on channel 1 and the g-major listens on channel 2.  I have never had a problem with the message not getting through.  Make sure you are actually using midi-through and not midi-out.  The fcb will send 2 separate messages with an infinitesimal delay between them.  If the ada is listening on all channels i would expect it to be responding to both messages.  As long as the mp1 PC message comes out second (which is how you have it set), it should be fine.
I don't feel tardy!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

Hey Griphook, welcome to the depot  :wave: . I can move the topic if you like but it's ok here I recon ? Hey your English is fine although Mike and I may teach you some Australian along the way LoL.
Mike really got into programming the FCB1010, from discussions I've had with him about that journey the FCB is a very flexible unit (can do your head in though  :facepalm: , so may options). If you dig around here (check MikeBs posts is probably fastest (click his name > his profile displays > show posts)), there's some good stuff about the FCB.
I tend to use the mapping in the ADA (I have MP2) as these days I've gone very simple. So I have both units (MP2 and Quadverb) listening on ALL and I map the MP2 patch to a patch in the Quadverb and use the midi out on the MP2 > Quadverb midi in. This is primarily because I use the same dely + rev on most patches.  I have a Midverb 4 in the MP2s stereo parallel FX loop and I use the MXC quad switch to turn the loop on/off so I can dial up additional delay etc and turn it on/off (I use this very rarely though). The MV4 also listens to ALL and gets its MIDI input from MP2 through.
Because the ADA is 1 to 128 and the Quadverb is 0 to 127 I have to map to 1 less (eg ADA #10 = QV #9 etc).
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

The unO-Chip unhappily did not fix it.

Alright, I tested a few more things:

• Changing the PC-Assignment, so the MP1 gets PC1 on Channel 1 and  GMaj gets PC2 on Channel 2 --> Still the same Problem
  • Unplug the MIDI COnnection between MP1 and GMaj --> Still the same Problem (would have been surprised if it worked this way)

Now comes the real strange part:
I tried some other PC-Configurations just to check, how the MP1 works with the MIDI-Messages
So the setup is "FCB MIDI Out - ADA MIDI IN - ADA MIDI Thru - GMaj MIDI In" (MP1 PC1 Channel 1, GMaj PC2 Channel 2)

Attached are my Testing-Patches. As you can see, there is Bank 2 #2 which sends 2 different PCs, Bank 2 #3 sends the same PC on each Channel, Bank 2 #4 should only change the GMaj, Bank 2 #5 should only change the MP1.

Bank 2 #2 and Bank 2 #3 show the same Problem as described in Post 1 But i also face a new Problem. Sometimes the MP1, which should be just listening on Channel 1, changes to Preset 22 (which is sent on PC2 Channel 2).

On Bank 2 #5 the MP1 changes to Preset 25 inconstantly.

Now to Patch Bank 2 #4. When i press  Button 4 only the GMaj shall change to Preset 24 but apparently the MP1 sometimes catches this PC too, so it changes to Preset 24 also.  :crazy:
Sometimes the "catching-Thingy" happens on Buttons 2 and 3 , too.

Don't know why. I believe, changing the MP1s MIDI-Channel to "All" might just be a workaround  :dunno:

Very strange behaviour. I'm a bit clueless

Griphook

« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Hey guys,

i tested a bit more, but unfortunately without success.

I changed the midi-routing to: FCB Out -> GMaj2 Midi In ->  GMaj2 Midi Thru -> ADA Midi In but it stays the same problem.
Another Idea was that th behaviour depends on changing(or not) the ADA Voicing (Dist-> SS, Dist->Clean Tube, etc.), but this did not fix it either.
I even tested every single MIDI-Channel on the ADA

Have you got any other things I could check?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up