ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP-1 | Maximum Working/Environment Temperature  (Read 5755 times)

Griphook

• Less is more? More is more!

Hello, it's me,

I was wondering if.....

you Guys could tell me the critical temperatures of the MP-1. Especially the maximum temperature inside the Rack
All I can find in the manual(s) concerning heat is stated here:
"1.3 PRECAUTIONS
WARNING:
To prevent fire or shock hazard. do not expose this appliance to rain or moisture.
Locate the MP-1 out of the direct rays of the sun. Avoid locations subject to vibration and excessive dust, heat, or cold. "

I need to know, becaus I'm planning to just to paint my selfmade Rack-Cover with my Band Logo or sth. else.
On the second picture you can see the inside of that Rack(it is 8U with Air-Inlets on both sides).
So how warm will the ADA get and do I have to leave the Rack completely open while in use, or can i close the Front?
And when I close the front, do I need to install Fans?

Thanks and Greetings from Germany

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Griphook and greetings from Australia  :wave: Hard to be definitive regarding a critical temperature, I'd say that if you have the back open and with the side air inlets it should be ok to close the front. What else is in the rack that produces heat (eg poweramp ?). In the end fans wouldn't hurt just to help dissipate the heat (I'd configure them to push the hot air out around the top or top of the sides). Or as Mike just suggested you could use speaker grill cloth and paint that ?

The MP1 can probably get quite hot without too much issue, lots of people used them directly on top of a B200s poweramp (you can fry an egg on top of a B200s). The heat just needs to be able to get away (chimney effect).  The critical temperature will be where other components in the MP1 break down as the tubes themselves will be resilient to heat (up to a point) although they probably don't last as long if they're very hot ?

Cheers R
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Griphook

Hey R,

so far there is just the TC-Electronic G Major 2 which is stated to a maximum of 50° Environment Temperature. But I'm planning to put a Mesa Fifty/Fifty on the Bottom.
So since the ADA seems to be designed to withstand relatively high temps I think I'll go with the safety and install some Fans. 8) And then some Dust-Filters covering the side-inlets.

When did Mike suggest it? Your Post is the only one I can see. :dunno:
So my Rack would look like A Cabinet(if done correctly). Nice Idea, didn't think of that.  :thumb-up:

Greets :)

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Griphook, Mike was at my place last night and we were chatting about it.  Also we talked about a fully loaded rack and how that was similar to covering the front except for the small gap between each unit.  The Mesa will add the most heat, IIRC they have a fan ?. Adding a fan or two to the rack is prudent. As long as the heat can get away all should be good.
Cheers R

Griphook

Okay, thanks for the hints :-) I think i'll go with the Speaker-Look-alike
As soon as i built all Up, I will Post some pics of my Setup in the rig pix Thread :-)

Great Forum btw  :thumb-up: :bow:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

No worries, look forward to the rig pics  :thumb-up:

Griphook

Are you sure that Speaker Cloth will let through enough air? Of course with Fans blowing air out of the back.
Im a bit afraid of this finely woven fabric. And real metal grid is rather expensive.

El Chiguete

You can 1) put the poweramp on the top spaces so that the heat from it doesnt go to you other rack gear or 2) send me that poweramp and I will buy you a solid state one so that things dont get hot! :)
Before you see the light, you must die!!!

'87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
'81 Kramer Pacer Standard
custom made Les Paul
ADA MP1
Rane MPE 28
Lexicon MPX-G2
Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!

AFFA
Support Your Local 81

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Are you sure that Speaker Cloth will let through enough air? Of course with Fans blowing air out of the back.
Im a bit afraid of this finely woven fabric. And real metal grid is rather expensive.
IMO the speaker cloth will be fine and you could probably get away with no fans.  But with fans, should be all good  :thumb-up:

Griphook

Hey El,
Didn't think of that possibilty either. I'll give it a try as soon as I can afford the Mesa. Im Sorry but i will keep it for myself :P

Thanks R. I got some Fans lying around so this wont cost anything :-)
Pages: [1]   Go Up