ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mesa for ADA trades ??  (Read 6919 times)

Batsinthebelltower

Mesa for ADA trades ??
« on: Time Format »

Hey guys

I am wondering if anyone would be interested in a trade , I would like to get an ADA tube power amp , and mp1 classic , for a mesa 290 power amp

Its currently running el34 6l6 mix , and 3 JJ goldpin 12ax7. im using a 240v transformer as its the 110 usa version , will include in trade if needed

Open to most ada trades , make me an offer !

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Mesa for ADA trades ??
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Bats, IIRC your in the UK so would prefer 240v versions ?
And just to clarify:
Which ADA tube amp are you after ? hybrid MT100/200 or all tube TS100 (which weighs more than Dante's car, so expensive to ship)
And your using a step down transformer to run the Mesa 290 as it's US voltage (110v), I thought Mesa gear was switchable for different countries.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Batsinthebelltower

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey rnolan  :wave:

Good point dude , yes 240v would be cool , although not a dealbreaker ! Im hoping for an all tube ada power amp  ,  but im not even sure which models exist ; Im about to google the ones you suggested -  Ive only had hands-on experience with MP1 and Monstercab , so im open to all offers

Yea id say the ADA power amps will be heavy to ship , the 290 was originally sent to me in ireland , from usa  and i remember it being expensive ; I understand the 290 is a lot more expensive too , which is why id hope for a preamp in the trade also . The extra channel on the MP1 Classic sounds interesting ....

The ADA addict in me wants an all ADA rack lol  :banana-trip:

EDIT : Yup looks like im after the TS100

« Last Edit: Time Format by Batsinthebelltower »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey Bats, as far as I know the TS100 is the only all tube amp they made (but I could be wrong).  The MT100/200 are both 1 RU and tube input which controls the FET output (so hybrid). They have 2 transformers and not too heavy, where the TS100 will have 3 and I'd say weighs more than your 290.
The ADA B200S works really well with MP1/C/2. I only changed to the Carvin TS100 because one channel in my B200S is playing up.

What's the extra channel on the classic ? I know it's got some of the features of the MP2, like cab sim outs and some CC control capability (maybe stereo parallel FX loop ?). Didn't really see them here in Oz, I went straight to the MP2 when they came out here after MP1. Dante's a MP1 Classic fan.

Systematic Chaos

• Administrator
  • Blood type: Becks Positive
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

The 2:90 weighs ~18kg

And here's a T100S/MP-1 bundle for sale:
http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/msg/4892424403.html

You should be able to sell the 2:90 over here in Europe for at least the T100S/MP-1 asking price plus shipping.....

Check out the Classifieds (UK) at forum.grailtone.com
« Last Edit: Time Format by Systematic Chaos »

RobbHell

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

A Mesa 2/90 for an ADA poweramp?? Are you nuts ?
Why? How much cash to take it off your hands?

RobbHell

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

As much as I Love ADA thats a Major Down Grade bro.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Well the proposal was ADA poweramp AND MP1 Classic, not just an amp swap. Tend to agree with SC though, sell the 2:90 and buy the other bits as you can would be a good strategy. Don't see many Classics up for sale, not that I'm on the lookout for them though.

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey Bats, as far as I know the TS100 is the only all tube amp they made (but I could be wrong).  The MT100/200 are both 1 RU and tube input which controls the FET output (so hybrid). They have 2 transformers and not too heavy, where the TS100 will have 3 and I'd say weighs more than your 290.
The ADA B200S works really well with MP1/C/2. I only changed to the Carvin TS100 because one channel in my B200S is playing up.

What's the extra channel on the classic ? I know it's got some of the features of the MP2, like cab sim outs and some CC control capability (maybe stereo parallel FX loop ?). Didn't really see them here in Oz, I went straight to the MP2 when they came out here after MP1. Dante's a MP1 Classic fan.

I think he may be talking about the Brown voicing, not a channel per se, just another voice. That said, I feel like that Brown Sound is worth the price of admission right there. I love my Classic & it's my primary preamp. All my presets were reset some time ago in my MP2 and I still haven't tweaked them enough to rival the sounds I get from the Classic in a matter of minutes. The MP2 has more bells & whistles, but the simplicity of the Classic is tough to beat, IMHO.

The one drawback I have with the Classic is, it has a hard time going all the way to METAL - whereas the graphic EQ in the MP2 makes that a lot easier to achieve. Since I have a very limited METAL requirement (pop / rock cover tunes), it works well for me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up