• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

How easy is the MP-1 to figure out for a drummer?

Started by JarrettBlackBridge, October 03, 2023, 07:54:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JarrettBlackBridge

We do this series on our channel called two guys one amp where myself and the drummer take turns setting up a tone on an amp and see who can get a better tone. It's basically an amp demoing series but you end up with two different approaches of setting up an amp. This time I busted out my mp-1 to see if he could even figure out how to use it, and apparently the most-1 isn't so user friendly for drummers!

Black Bridge Sound on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/blackbridgesound

rnolan

Interesting clip, thanks for posting it  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

Harley Hexxe

I think I posted this in the "Just for Laughs" section...

Q: What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
A: Drool
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

MarshallJMP

Quote from: Harley Hexxe on October 05, 2023, 12:19:50 PM
I think I posted this in the "Just for Laughs" section...

Q: What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
A: Drool

Hahahaha  :thumb-up:

JarrettBlackBridge

Quote from: MarshallJMP on October 05, 2023, 11:05:06 AM
I never let our drummer near my rack  ;D

I didn't let him near my stuff for a long time, twice he fried a pedal of mine by plugging in an adapter from a pod. He's been getting into guitar a lot more over the last couple years though and I even convinced him to pick up his own jvm!

I allow him supervised visits with my gear now  :))
Black Bridge Sound on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/blackbridgesound

Kim

That's an interesting idea for videos, JarrettBlackBridge.    :wave: 

Over all the years that I have been familiar with the MP-1, I constantly hear the griping (mostly from non-fans) about how "hard" it is to set up and control.  It is a love/hate thing for sure, but if you compare the ratio of the unit's sonic versatility/tonal quality to its ease-of-use in the context of the times it arrived in.....it really was a mind-blowing concept. 

Anyone can twist a few knobs.  But this way you can keep the ahem...unqualified people from adjusting anything in your amp settings while you're not looking.    ;)

rnolan

I found it interesting that he initially went for heaps of mid boost, where you (like most of us I suspect) scooped it down a little.  You also showed off the difference between the treb and presence nicely as you shaped the eq.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few