• Welcome to ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear.

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Main Menu

hello

Started by timkimball, June 18, 2015, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timkimball

Typical story, been lurking here for a while and just registered. I'm pretty sure I was registered in the original forum.

I've had my MP-1 for 20 years or so, and a Microtube 200 that I bought new. I don't play out, just a hobby.

My rack is the MP-1, Quadraverb, Rocktron RX2H into the Microtube 200.

Something that I have that is a little backwards is that I use a Roland FC100 foot controller that I had from my old GP8. I think most I've read is people trying to run a GP8 with a standard MIDI pedal (the FC100 uses a special cable, not MIDI) ... I made a box to use the Roland as a standard MIDI pedal.  That is the box in the bottom of the rack.

The forum and MJMP helped me fix the power amp about a decade ago, after quite a few years of downtime.  I am so grateful for that.

I used to really like fixing elecronics, I was an electronics technician in the army.  But I'm over 40 and my eyesight is annoying for this stuff now, it's becoming more of a chore than a delight.

rnolan

Hey Tim. great to have you back  :thumb-up: Nice rig BTW  :whoohoo!: I have the same issue with eye sight LoL but with some magnifiers and other toys (like "gun" style desoldering iron) and taking it real slow, I've been having a bit of "under the hood" fun recently.

What cabs are you using ?
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

timkimball

Thanks. 
I have one ADA split stack 2x12 (had originally bought two but lost one)  I mainly use that but also have an open back 1x12 I made.

Yes. The magnifiers and as much light as you can get!

rnolan

Hey Tim, I have 3 split stacks, a pair I bough for stage and later picked up a single one from a pawn shop.  I rewired the single one to be stereo or mono so these days I use it (in stereo) most of the time, less to lug  :thumb-up:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

GuitarBuilder

Welcome, Tim!  Nice rig!
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

MarshallJMP

Hey Tim

Welcome to the new depot!

Iron25

Greetings!!! Come on Tim, it's fun to fix gear, I love the smell of solder in the morning!!!  :lol:

Dante

Welcome!!!

Nice rack too  :thumb-up: