ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quest for the MB-1  (Read 12348 times)

BrokeDownSouth

Re: Quest for the MB-1
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

Still not shipped yet.... Arrgh!! >:(

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

Pretty good price in the end, hope it gets to you soon.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

Awww yeeaaahhh....

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Very cool, now you can try out some of Peters patches, and share yours !  One thing maybe worth mentioning is, if the MB1 is like the MP1/2 and I'm sure it is, you need to run (develop) your patches up at stage levels to get the volumes right and then turn them down for home use etc.  Going the other way developing them at bedroom levels and then turning them up for stage leaves you having to do a lot of tweaking to get them right (particularly eq wise and master levels between patches).

Peter H. Boer

• 2* MB-1 1*MP-1 + Jur's old Mod4Mk2
    • The Granny Attic
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Cool, what did it go for in the end ??

$200 + $15 shipping.  I was the only bidder.  It probabbly would've gone down in price again if I'd waited but I was out of patience.  Not bad, It looks minty and allegedly has no issues. ???
Very good price indeed, remember when they were new I paid NLG 3000,- (now ca. EUR 1400,- = USD 1800,-) here in The Netherlands :o
Nothing beats MB-1s and MP-1s with MDRTs

http://www.thegrannyattic.com
http://www.Illumion.net
http://www.sote.nl

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

I seem to remember my MP2 cost $2500 AUD, they weren't cheep and cheerful, just sounded soo good.

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

So I recieved the MB-1 Friday afternoon and immediatley tested it.  I then popped it in my rack and took it to rehearsal.  Sounded pretty good, especially since I didn't do any kind of set up.  Used at another reharsal for my other band on Sunday.

I get the idea about dialing up your settings at stage volume.  Right now I'm using the MB-1 with its output knob maxxed out and using the poweramp to control the volume.

I'm digging it, got my MC-1 controller set up last night.  I'm building a couple of envelope filters to go in the FX loops. :banana-guitar:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

Go BDS,  :whoohoo!: , a suggestion, crank up your power amp (at least 3/4 or full  >:D ) and turn down the MB1 to suit (and use the MP1 master vol on each patch to suit), better gain structure and headroom (better pops/slaps)  :thumb-up:

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Go BDS,  :whoohoo!: , a suggestion, crank up your power amp (at least 3/4 or full  >:D ) and turn down the MB1 to suit (and use the MP1 master vol on each patch to suit), better gain structure and headroom (better pops/slaps)  :thumb-up:

Do you mean more hearoom in the poweramp?  That crown drivecore poweramp I got seems to be able to take a really hot input signal with no problem.  With the MB-1 maxxed out the  signal LED's on the poweramp have never shown it clipping.

At first I didn't think the MB-1 could play well with my Stingray b/c the internal preamp on the Stingray is pretty hot, but last night I sat down and figured out how to dial down the input signal and adjust the master volume for each channel... whatever I'm rambling, but now I'm rockin' the Stingray 5 with it.

I'm gonna set up a bank of patches for my Thumb 5 and another bank for my Stingray 5.  Should get a demo video up by this weekend.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

Yeah, more headroom in the power amp (like setting up a PA), glad to hear it's all coming together, a bank for each guitar is a good approach, gives you easy access to 10 patches per instrument.

BrokeDownSouth

« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

Ok cool, the power amp seems to have plenty of headroom with the mb1 at full out put but I'll mess around with that idea some. 
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up