ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Lets get Technical > All Things Tube All about preamp and power amp Tubes.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finally I get around to signing up  (Read 4927 times)

MikeB

Finally I get around to signing up
« on: Time Format »

Greetings all.
I am Mike from Canberra in Australia.  I am currently rnolan's co-guitarist.  He has been at me to join this forum for some time now and so here I am.

My set-up currently is:
MP-1 (previously owned by rnolan - although I think he still has one hand on it)
TC-electric G-Major 2
B200S
A Quad box that rnolan can tell you about.  It was once his and to me they are just speakers.  I'm hazy on the details.

The whole lot is controlled by a Behringer FCB1010 midi foot controller.
The patching is serial but I am in the process of acquiring an ART SplitMix4 to make it parallel.

I also have a Marshall JCM-900 2x12 combo but it hasn't had a run for a while.

Into this I plug either:
The Mistress - a honey sunburst Les Paul Classic (she's so fine!) OR
The Mongrel - a dark blue strat made up of bits and pieces - Anderson neck, original Floyd Rose, DiMarzio Fred (he's a bit rough around the edges)

I have been playing for many more years than you would guess if you heard me play.  In my defence, I spent many years not really playing seriously.  Back in the swing now and actually playing in a band for a change.  I am playing much more and keen to get as much as I can out of my rig. 

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning lots.  I'll also try to get around to posting rnolan's old patches.

Cheerio,
Mike.
I don't feel tardy!

RandallRG

Re: Finally I get around to signing up
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Mike hows it going? Welcome to the Forum Mate! Richard seems like a very cool Dude & has always been there to help me out @ times with my MP-1's when I needed it! So you have his Old MP-1..:thumb-up: It's to bad you guys are so far away (I am in the States) It would be very cool to check out one of your gigs. Anyway glad to see that you joined up...this is a great place with some very knowledgeable Dudes that are always willing to help out! You Take it easy & we will talk to ya soon Dude...Steve  :metal:

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Finally  ;) :whoohoo!: So the band we've formed is called 1st World Problems, early days yet but it's fun..
The cab Mike speaks of is an old  Yamaha Quad box (flat front, an used to have castors (they didn't stand the test of time  :( )), I got it when I bought a 2nd hand Marshall Artist 100w head.  I rewired it stereo when I got my (now Mikes MP1/B200 rig).  The B200 went vzrt on one channel at a gig and took out 2 of the Yamaha 12s. So fixed the B200 (adding lots of fuses) and put 2 Plessey 12U 50s in it (great speakers, had them since I was 14) so now each side of the box is 1 x Yamaha + 1 x Plessey.  It's the box used in this clip (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIr9nZ4aJfo), 3rd solo and most backing guitar (Ultrasonic PUs (Tom Anderson Pro Am) MP1/B200s (now Mikes), Alesis Quadverb, IPS33 Smart Shift)

Hey Steve, If you ever get to Canberra..  If I get to the US I'll be sure to drop by BTW.  All your action has got me interested in a 3TM, particularly since I did the test using the MP1 through the MP2s loop returns with cab sims, hadn't played through it in years, and after the MP2 wanted a bit more gain... >:D

Mike is going to post my old MP1 patches at some point, interesting to hear what you think of them (though they aren't 3TM patches).  The solo patch for the clip above was 106 I think with a big(ish) delay and probably some minor 3rd harmonies from the IPS33
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey  Mike

Welcome to the depot!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Welcome Mike!!

MikeB

« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys.  It feels great to be here.  :banana:

Steve, yes Richard is a cool dude and certainly knows his stuff.  I first met him when I was about 18 (he was 30) and he immediately started grooming me >:D.  I am now a fully fledged ADA man.  Richard seems to ooze knowledge about this stuff and I just stand near him and hope to absorb some of it. 

Not sure how long it is going to take us to get around to playing a gig.  If you start saving your pennies now, you might be able to catch the first one.   :banana-trip:
I don't feel tardy!

RandallRG

« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Thanks guys.  It feels great to be here.  :banana:

Steve, yes Richard is a cool dude and certainly knows his stuff.  I first met him when I was about 18 (he was 30) and he immediately started grooming me >:D.  I am now a fully fledged ADA man.  Richard seems to ooze knowledge about this stuff and I just stand near him and hope to absorb some of it. 

Not sure how long it is going to take us to get around to playing a gig.  If you start saving your pennies now, you might be able to catch the first one.   :banana-trip:
Hey Mike ever since I came here I to have become a Full Fledged ADA MP-1 Owner & Fanatic!  :whoohoo!: (LOL) I love this Damn Preamp! :banana-trip: I always wanted one & I just never got around to getting one. Well I got my first one a few Months back & that was it...I was Hooked Dude! I grew up on 80's M-E-T-A-L & the MP-1 is Awesome & works Fantastic! :metal: Being the Metal Head that I am another Member on here was selling a 3.666 "Recto" Modded MP-1 for a Killer Deal (Done by our very own "Guru" Marshall) I sold one of my Randalls & I had to have it so I got lucky that he still had it & snagged it! I will tell you what...It is one BAD-ASS unit! The Mod sounds Great! Anyway sorry...back to Richard ever since I became a Member any question I had Richard & Marshall(& others) have Always been there to help out! Yeah...I will start "pinchin" the pennies now for your Guys First Gig!  :lol:
« Last Edit: Time Format by RandallRG »

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey Steve, email me rnolan@webone.com.au and I'll send you a couple of .flac files of a dropped D thingy I wrote (whipped up) the other week (it's a bit metal  >:D , I had Mike in mind when I wrote it, he digs the heavier stuff (quite like it myself BTW  :thumb-up: )), Matt, our bass player came up with some lyrics and Mikes come up with a bit of a melody/syncopation for the words.  We'll turn it into a decent song.  I'd post them but they are too big.
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few
Pages: [1]   Go Up