ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: no power amp yet  (Read 2994 times)

Metropolis

no power amp yet
« on: Time Format »

I'll soon receiving my mp1 but have no power amp yet.  I do have a 2x12 cab wired for stereo and a Rocktron Intellifex.  My question is Can I I use the preamp going into the Intellifex and then to the 2x12 without harm to the preamp.  I have tested the Intellifex in this fashion with no preamp, just my guitar plugged into the right input and then using the left and right outputs going to the cab.  It works, although at a low volume with no ability to control gain, eq etc,  but it allows me to hear it will enough to create presets.
Custom Built Ibanez RG (2)
ADA MP1
Rane SP15 5 Band Parametric EQ
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962
Custom Built 2x12 Mesa Clone Cab V 30

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: no power amp yet
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Hey Metropolis, yes what you propose will work ish (though not well, AND definitely not well enough to run up patches (patches should be run up with full live vol and then you can turn it all down to bedroom levels)) as to power cabs you need a power amp! You get some sound from Intelliflex into cab but not good for either, that's not what they are designed to do (volts vs watts bigg difference). But to answer your question, if you run MP1 to Intelliflex to cabs will it hurt MP1, no, though over time may hurt Intelliflex ? Probably the best value for $ poweramp which will work well with MP1 is Carvin DCM200. Carvin TS100 all tube is very nice but lots more $s and weight. Anyway you need to get a poweramp. Or if you can find a ADA B200s, great poweramp, my fav BTW.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Gemini75

Re: no power amp yet
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Electro Harmonix make $150 22 and 44 watt power amp pedals. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up