ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New rack complete!  (Read 58609 times)

Iperfungus

• Methodical killers do good jobs!
Re: New rack complete!
« Reply #15 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: wow you guys are on a serious roll, now on your journey, keep in mind your gain structure  :thumb-up: .

It's YOUR fault!!!  :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e :banana-skipping-rope-smiley-e
Dangerous people...  :banana-dance:
On the run again!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #16 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: >:D :metal: :headbanger:
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #17 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: wow you guys are on a serious roll, now on your journey, keep in mind your gain structure  :thumb-up: .
Now switching is coming up, I use an ADA MXC midi pedal (7 pin midi lead, power comes from wall wart plugged into ADA preamp) and an ADA expression pedal (for real time CC control of stuff and an ADA quad switch for on/off CC control of stuff). And yes there are many other midi control pedals available (the Behringer FCB1010 being (a very versatile) one of them).

Yeah I keep mine at 6.0/6.0/6.5 for master and never touch it. And believe it or not......I never switch channels  :o I roll back the volume and do everything else from the guitar.
 The biggest reason is because I never do covers, ever - and only do  my original music and I pretty have two sounds, heavy dirty for lead and rhythm and then roll back for cleans. But with so many of you doing a wide setlist of material you'll need the switching.

But thank you for the info Richard!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #18 on: Time Format »

Yep I'm still at it  :lol: But now I'm just about there folks  :headbanger:

I bought the Rane 31 band EQ a couple days ago and a bigger rack box ( more than likely to house the new FX unit, still not sure which - TC, Quadraverb, ect........ ) and I did this to drop the mids slightly. You can see a close up in my pic.
 This has been a fun journey and a stressful one but I have what I want and need  ;D

I just like sharing with you guys  :banana:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #19 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC and "we like to watch" LoL so thanks for sharing  :thumb-up: So is that just a Messa face plate under you MP-1 ?

Iperfungus

« Reply #20 on: Time Format »

Hey DjC and "we like to watch" LoL so thanks for sharing  :thumb-up: So is that just a Messa face plate under you MP-1 ?

A 6U rack case, Rich...  :facepalm:

There's room for another 2 rack units...

Danny, you're in serious DANGER!!!  :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
On the run again!

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
« Reply #21 on: Time Format »

RACK p*rn!!!! YAY!!!

We love this stuff man, keep it comin!

:postpics:

Iperfungus

« Reply #22 on: Time Format »

RACK p*rn!!!! YAY!!!

We love this stuff man, keep it comin!

:postpics:

+1  :whoohoo!:
On the run again!

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #23 on: Time Format »

Yeah two extra spaces for..............................an fx processor or a wireless or another MP-1 one  :whoohoo!:
Haven't decided yet but when I do four screws out and the Mesa plate removed and I'm ready to rock - some more  :headbanger:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Chamai

« Reply #24 on: Time Format »

get a power conditioner. who cares if it helps or not. it makes any rack setup look complete. you need the one with the lights.

looking good btw. would be nice if you can get an ADA logo on your cabs.
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #25 on: Time Format »

get a power conditioner. who cares if it helps or not. it makes any rack setup look complete. you need the one with the lights.

looking good btw. would be nice if you can get an ADA logo on your cabs.

Yeah I agree about the lights too with the Furman - looks killer!  :thumb-up:
And yes I would love to rock the ADA logos, anyone have any idea where I might snag a pair of those? I never had their cabinets because I just never could get into the 2X12 thing but I would use the logos just the same :-D

The biggest thing with this system is it SOUNDS amazing! I hate being under powered and that is not a problem with this set up  :headbanger:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #26 on: Time Format »

Mmmm, so there "are" 2 RUs to fill  >:D , excellent Smithers excellent... Best advice, IMO, one decent multi FX (preferably an older school one) and a 1 RU (eg Alesis) line mixer (so you can run your rig in stereo  >:D :headbanger: (and you WILL like it allot  :thumb-up: ) and mix in stereo Fx in parallel, this is how MP-1/2 are supposed to sound BTW.  Now I understand the power supply in the US isn't great (hey you guys are still discovering earth it seems) but you shouldn't need a furman. Sure they look cool, but at $550+ AUD with a 4" x 2" PCB... :dunno:   If you need power conditioning, a $180 AUD UPS (from any computer shop) will do a better job (my take on it).

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #27 on: Time Format »

Mmmm, so there "are" 2 RUs to fill  >:D , excellent Smithers excellent... Best advice, IMO, one decent multi FX (preferably an older school one) and a 1 RU (eg Alesis) line mixer (so you can run your rig in stereo  >:D :headbanger: (and you WILL like it allot  :thumb-up: ) and mix in stereo Fx in parallel, this is how MP-1/2 are supposed to sound BTW.  Now I understand the power supply in the US isn't great (hey you guys are still discovering earth it seems) but you shouldn't need a furman. Sure they look cool, but at $550+ AUD with a 4" x 2" PCB... :dunno:   If you need power conditioning, a $180 AUD UPS (from any computer shop) will do a better job (my take on it).

Man in the 8 hours since I last posted I pulled the trigger on a mint condition Alesis Quadraverb!!!!!  :headbanger: Pics coming unless you don't want  ;D
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions Folks - here's how I came to that conclusion;

I remember how much I loved the 11 band graphic EQ because of how precise yet subtle it could be.
Also the noisegate in the Quad GT was and is still one of the best there is!
And I loved how transparent it is and how much I loved the delays in it!

And also the Quad GT will now illuminate the Rane EQ "AND" my two pedals ( digital delay and noisegate ) I have mounted in the back of the rack!! :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:

So I will still have even more space for MORE gear  ;D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #28 on: Time Format »

Do you mean eliminate (get rid of)  or illuminate (shine a light on) (seems the pesky "e" is the problem for the spell checker LoL).
Here's a couple of suggestions for the (is it 3 now ?) spare RUs. A MP-2 (with Mullard LPs  :thumb-up: ), apart from the wonderful tones you'll get you can also use the cab sims for your MP-1 (just plug MP-1  in to the MP-2 Fx returns) for recording/Direct to PA etc. This way you also pick up the MP-2 room eq (quite handy) and stereo master vol via a midi expression pedal (I use the ADA MXC pedal pack).
I'd go a 1 or 2 RU rack line mixer (needs at least 1 stereo Fx send, use for QV GT paralleled mix in).
If you wanted to go with a rack tuner, my pick (and the only one I'd consider) is the Peterson (1 RU, but they are expensive), however, strobe tuning is sooo much better than the digital tuners (which all have dead zones). I've stopped using digital tuners, I use a Peterson Strobo clip, best $75 I've ever spent.
If you wanted a very light poweramp which will probably sound better than the boogie  :dunno: the Carvin DCM200L sounds great, 1 RU, quiet, new and can also be used to run passive studio monitors...

Iperfungus

« Reply #29 on: Time Format »

I was missing you, Danny!  :thumb-up:  :bow:
On the run again!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up