ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP1 Venting  (Read 3397 times)

Metropolis

MP1 Venting
« on: Time Format »

Does the MP1 need an open space above or can it be mount in the top space of a furniture grade studio rack with approximately 1/2 inch of clearance above?  If I build a slant, then there will be plenty of clearance but I'm undecided about slant vs straight.
Custom Built Ibanez RG (2)
ADA MP1
Rane SP15 5 Band Parametric EQ
Rocktron Intellifex
ADA Microcab II
Tube Works MosValve 962
Custom Built 2x12 Mesa Clone Cab V 30

Soloist

• Take No Prisoners...Take No Sh!t
Re: MP1 Venting
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I wouldn't say it needs and open slot. It definitely wouldn't hurt. I have mine in a Gator 8 slot road case, it is in the second slot from the bottom with a Marshall JMP1 under it and my Carving power amp above it. I have no heat issues and it's on for 4 to 6 hours at a time. Buy the way my rack is full and I have and eq and hush unit in the back. Hope this helps.
Live Rig:
Fractal Audio FM3 ver 1.06
Boss GT 100 ver.2.11
Switching- Radial Engineering Big Shot I/O v2 - Radial Engineering Pro D2 Stereo Direct Box
Power - Live Wire Power Conditioning Distribution System
Monitors  - (2) FRFR-112 Headrush Stage monitors
Axes - Charvel So Cal Pro Mod-Jackson DK2MQ Pro-Jackson USA Soloist-Ibanez RG3XXV
ADA gear: MP1- MP2 - MT200
Studio gear- way too much to list.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Hey Metropolis, tubes need a little air to "keep cool" if you have the space, it's not a "bad" idea to make some room. I ran my MP1 and now MP2 at the very top of my SKB 8RU rack (which has some space above (where tube heat will vent from top slats)) and put power amp at the bottom (well now separate Carvin TS100 in it's own 2 RU rack), digital gadgets in between. MP2s get quite hot and need to breathe MP1s not quite as bad but same issue. Hey heat rises, digital gadgets don't add that much heat, put preamp up top, keep very hot power amps as far as is practicable....
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

d1469d

« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I do not vent mine. If you can get a very small gap between units to let a little air through you will be okay. I have left my gear on all week before and it was fine. I was recording and didn't want to touch anything. That may seem a little over the top but when you lock the tone in I didn't want to touch anything. If your rack allows the space then go for it. I wouldn't spend the money on a rack for extra space to let it air out. Just my opinion of experience hauling a monster rack around in my younger days. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up