ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Temp "Time Format" issue Fix in Discussions

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello again to some of my old friends!  (Read 853 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

Hey Guys!

I was on here many years ago and after days worth of conversations in the last week with a friend I met on this forum ( Orkun) regarding the original ADA MP-1 and the love I had for those things I figured I would check in and see if this forum was still here - and it is!

A hello and shout out to rnolan and the wonderful gentleman in Belgium whom helped me at length with one of mine old ones, I apologize I have forgotten your name!  :-[

Anyway just wanted to pop by and say hello!  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense
    • The Best Cover Band In Sacramento
Re: Hello again to some of my old friends!
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

You are always welcome, come by anytime  :thumb-up:

Hope you've been well while you were away

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

You are always welcome, come by anytime  :thumb-up:

Hope you've been well while you were away

Thank you so much Dante! I was mainly checking in on any new news on the MP-1; when I was here last there was a lot of talk about the MP-1 being resurrected and how expensive that would be. I would love to have another one because the last year I was here I bought several MP1s and only two of them were in actual proper working order. That beautiful analog chorus went out on the first one and the second I sold to our friend on the forum here from Belgium because it would only sound right for about 10 minutes then slowly fade out like someone was turning the gain control down.

So any word on rebuilt ones or a source for parts? Thanks in advance!  :)
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, good to hear from you.  Our tech guru in Belgium is MJMP or Philippe.  @ MJMP did you ever got that MP-1 to work properly?? 

Systematic Chaos (SC) has been doing some complete refurbing (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=2837.0) and found some interesting issues along the way. 

ADA/TM seem to have disappeared (again  :( ).  The closest we got to a resurrected MP-1 was the MP-1 Channel they were making as a pedal.  If you have the time and soldering skills, it seems the best approach is what SC has done and change lots of components for new/better ones, I think he basically replaced everything in the analogue audio chain.  Check out his posts. 

How's the guitar building going?  Last we chatted you were building up the business, getting decent wood supplies etc.
Cheers Richard
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Hey Danny

I remmber you quite well, how are you doing.

Well all the MP-1's I have are in working condition, and if I remember correctly Danny's MP-1 is in my rack now.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, good to hear from you.  Our tech guru in Belgium is MJMP or Philippe.  @ MJMP did you ever got that MP-1 to work properly?? 

Systematic Chaos (SC) has been doing some complete refurbing (http://adadepot.com/index.php?topic=2837.0) and found some interesting issues along the way. 

ADA/TM seem to have disappeared (again  :( ).  The closest we got to a resurrected MP-1 was the MP-1 Channel they were making as a pedal.  If you have the time and soldering skills, it seems the best approach is what SC has done and change lots of components for new/better ones, I think he basically replaced everything in the analogue audio chain.  Check out his posts. 

How's the guitar building going?  Last we chatted you were building up the business, getting decent wood supplies etc.
Cheers Richard

Hi Richard and thank you for the kind words! You know Philippe was extremely helpful but in the end I sold him my last MP-1 :( 
As far as the building, yes I'm still rolling with DeJayce Guitars and I have launched my DeJayce Guitars Hotrod Overdrive pedal in 2021 and its doing very well!
 I also have been playing and recording lots so I'm kind of juggling lots of hats  :lol:  but I wanted to come and see what the latest news is with ADA. And as I mentioned, there was a young man named Orkun on here and we talk almost daily about his quest for fining an MP-1 and it prompted me to come see you guys!
And I appreciate the warm welcome  :banana:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Hey Danny

I remember you quite well, how are you doing.

Well all the MP-1's I have are in working condition, and if I remember correctly Danny's MP-1 is in my rack now.

Hello Philippe! It's great to be in touch with you again - I couldn't remember your name and I had wanted to publicly thank you for all year help a fews years ago my friend!  :wave:
 As I mentioned I have been sharing my stories of my MP-1 days from back in the 80's with a friend I met on here and it really got me wondering again about them.
 So I decided to check in with everyone and I'm glad I did! The only problem now is, if you remember I had bought 9 MP-1s back in 2017 for anywhere from $325 - 425 and now they seem to be a lot more than that! I saw one on Ebay for over $1000!  :o  SO I will keep coming on here and doing more research and just see how it goes!
 So good to be back in touch with you guys!  :banana:
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #7 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, I haven't heard from Orkun for quite a while, he's a really nice guy, it would be great to have you both back on the depot chatting etc.  Interesting the MP-1 price is going up, that seems to have been a trend for a while now. 

Great to hear your Hotrod Overdrive pedal is doing well  :whoohoo!: and you are still building nice guitars  :thumb-up: , but better still you are playing allot  :headbanger:

:wave:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #8 on: Time Format »

Hey DJC, I haven't heard from Orkun for quite a while, he's a really nice guy, it would be great to have you both back on the depot chatting etc.  Interesting the MP-1 price is going up, that seems to have been a trend for a while now. 

Great to hear your Hotrod Overdrive pedal is doing well  :whoohoo!: and you are still building nice guitars  :thumb-up: , but better still you are playing allot  :headbanger:

:wave:

Thank you always for the kind words rnolan! And yes I will chat with Orkun and get him back in here with us! And yes I have built a total of 88 guitars but kinda ut that on the back burning for my pedals. But I'm playing lots and recording stuff too! If I can find the place on here to post a clip I will do so - I have lots of new stuff on Youtube under my name as well as Faceb**k, Instagram and now Tiktok.

And I think by summer I will get another MP-1 and revisit that unit again!  :banana: [size=78%] [/size]
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
« Reply #9 on: Time Format »

I'm back to the forum again!

I have plans about getting a MP1 again too for later. I still can't forget how amazing tones I got from it. It's literally something like a time capsule that made me feel like I'm playing lead guitars at a band from the late 80s. That chorus and drive tones were just amazing.

But mostly, I'm so glad to getting in touch with you all. And thank you for kind words, have a good rocking day :) :headbanger:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #10 on: Time Format »

I'm back to the forum again!

I have plans about getting a MP1 again too for later. I still can't forget how amazing tones I got from it. It's literally something like a time capsule that made me feel like I'm playing lead guitars at a band from the late 80s. That chorus and drive tones were just amazing.

But mostly, I'm so glad to getting in touch with you all. And thank you for kind words, have a good rocking day :) :headbanger:

Here he is - my friend Mr. Orkun whom I met on here about 6 years ago and we have been friends ever since!  :wave:
And yes, like yourself I'll get another MP-1 although use for it for mainly studio but I will keep an eye out here for one in the summer.  :banana:

Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
« Reply #11 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: the gangs getting back together LoL, great to have you both back posting. 

@DJC you can post clips here (http://adadepot.com/index.php?board=45.0), there are child boards/threads for various preamps etc.  We had been having attachment size issues at the previous hosting provider regardless of what I'd set the forum config to, not sure if this has improved with the new hosting service Dante moved the site to recently. 

@Orkun hey mate good to hear from you  :wave:

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #12 on: Time Format »

:whoohoo!: the gangs getting back together LoL, great to have you both back posting. 

@DJC you can post clips here (http://adadepot.com/index.php?board=45.0), there are child boards/threads for various preamps etc.  We had been having attachment size issues at the previous hosting provider regardless of what I'd set the forum config to, not sure if this has improved with the new hosting service Dante moved the site to recently. 

Yes this is really cool to be back in touch with you all!  :banana-jazz-smiley-emoticon:

And you go tit rnolan - I'll post a clip or two and see if it will load up. My current tone will cross over nicely with the 5.0/5.0 Gain setting on the 2.01 version MP-1!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Orkun

• 80s Hard Rock/Metal Forever
« Reply #13 on: Time Format »

Giod to hear from you too mate  :thumb-up:

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member
« Reply #14 on: Time Format »

Welcome back gents!

Good to see you on the Forum again :thumb-up:
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up