ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Let us never forget our beloved founder - RIP Jurrie, we all miss you very much

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: We want ADA to make re-issues (MP1, MP2, MB1, B200s etc)  (Read 31231 times)

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hey Sinn,

No, I don't think you took it too far. I tend to agree with you in fact, about how society as a whole is trending towards stupidity more progressively  every year, particularly here in the USA. It seems no one wants to think anymore. No one wants to delve into technology deeper, and unlock it's full potential in the world of guitar players. It's a shame actually.
    Just like Kim said above, they snub their noses at a rack system in favor of a guitar, an amp, and a pedal board the size of New Hampshire. If you watch some of these guys when they are playing a gig, it looks like they are trying to stamp out a small fire on stage, but that's easier.  :lol:
   Originally, when I got my Ground Control/GCX system, it was designed to plug in all those pedals into the GCX, and control all the pedal switching from the Ground Control, with a single button tap, but doing it the other way mentioned above is easier.  :crazy:
    The nice thing about the Ground Control/GCX system is that I can use it to switch all my ADA Rack effects in/out of the signal chain in two ways: either putting the effect in or out of the signal chain by means of the loops, or using the loop output as a momentary switch to turn the effect on or off in the chain. But here is the real bonus; The Ground Control can handle eight MIDI units, sending instructions to each one on their own independent MIDI channel! This includes continuous control, or Real Time MIDI, (in the case of the MP-2), by plugging two passive volume pedals into the Ground Control. MIDI assignments are set up the same way as they would be with the MXC, Quad Switch, and CCP.
   Uh oh, am I getting too deep into thought here? I must be a bad guitar player :nono:

Harley 8)
I only have two brain cells left, ...and I'm saving them for the weekend!

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.

Imagine some poor sucker wanting to switch their amp from Overdrive with light Reverb fx to Clean with Phaser, Delay, and Chorus fx.....and then back to Overdrive with Pitch Shift in the same song.   :crazy:

Oh wait.  I'm that sucker, except I'll do it with just one tap of a button thank you.   Stupid outdated dinosaur equipment....   ;)

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net

Rack gear always sounds better then pedals also and like Kim says it's much easier to control just with the push of one single button in stead of pushing 5 buttons in 1 second  ;D

Slimjim

• ADA Since 1987
    • YouTube

I think we have a better chance of getting Engl or Hughes and Kettner to build rack gear that is MIDI controlled, as both companies embrace the concepts that ADA pioneered. The price of their gear through, ouch.
Les Paul Traditional, ES-335 Lemonburst, Explorer 120, Ibanez UV77 SVR, Suhr PT Sig Std, Rickenbacker 620-12, ESP E-II M-II, Fender H.E.R. Stratocaster, Xaviere XV-900, Buscarino,  
Peavey Classic 50/50, Mesa Stereo 2:100, Marshall EL34 50/50, Marshall JMP, Victoria Sovereign, Victoria Victorilux
________
Sound Sculpture Switchblade GL (x2), Eventide Orville, Eventide H8000fw, TC Electronic 1210, Great River MP2-NV, Phoenix Audio DRS-Q4, Dave Hill Designs Europa 1(x2), UK Sound 1173
_______
Fireface UC, Fireface UFX, Hosa Format Converters
______
Fishman Tripleplay, Spectrasonics Keyscape, Omnisphere, Italo DeAngelis Sound Library
_____
Surface Pro 4, FL Studio 20, EZD2.0, Fabfilter ProQ2, Gullfoss, Waves CLA-3A, CLA-2A, CLA-76, API-2500, SSL G-Series Comp

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

I think we have a better chance of getting Engl or Hughes and Kettner to build rack gear that is MIDI controlled, as both companies embrace the concepts that ADA pioneered. The price of their gear through, ouch.

Unless there is surge in rack gear for guitar players again, I have serious doubts if any company is going to go that route again. As far as preamps go, thing will probably stay low keyed with a few underground boutique techs building clones of channel switching preamps.

Samuraipanda

I have an H&K Switchblade 50w 1x12 combo that sounds fantastic and has midi with some basic chorus/delay/flanger effects built in. 4 channels and the lead cleans up really nicely with the volume pedal or guitar knob. The Ultra channel is great for solos but muddy's up a bit for rhythm.
I have the original EL34 model without the TSC circuit.

Here's a YT video of it from the company. I'll try to do a video demo this week. It's not as good as my ADA rig of course but it works great for impromptu jams, etc. If I never had ADA gear I'd be very happy with it.

https://youtu.be/Dp87OZ7q3zs

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hey Panda,

That's very similar to what I have with my Fender Cyber Deluxe. Good for small clubs and jam situations without having to haul a ton of gear around.

Harley 8)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter

Folks I'm new here but got very excited when I saw this thread! Very interesting read for sure and it will be interesting to see how this proceeds. But I am amazed at the support of this topic seeing just how many loyal ADA users there are world wide!
What a great forum!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hi DJC,

We'd all like to see a new pre/power amp rack set up come from ADA, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen in the near future.
So far, the current pedals are all they seem to be interested in doing.

vansinn

I'd like to offer a few Bits..
I don't think it's a matter of merely all they're interested in doing, but rather their evaluation of what sells the most these days, coupled with how much energy is available for new developments.
Things happens in everybody's life, and I think some has had their fill..

Besides this, I think relaunching the MP-1 as-is would be a mistake; modernizations and add-ons are needed to suit the modern market.

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hey Sinn,

It's true the market defines the demand for certain products. Unfortunately, I think rack gear will forever be associated with the excess of the 80's, so it's unlikely that there will be a resurgence in that area, but I could be wrong about that.

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Mmm, my take on it is (and from what Monty was saying) they are actually interested in making a new say, MP3, but (my guess) it isn't so straight forward.  And at the end of the day, it is a commercial decision, will whatever it is sell ? and justify the R&D etc.  For what its worth, and from where I sit, there are 3 main protagonists (euphemistically), the profilers, the cloners and the analogue real thing, so how far would you go with a MP3 to include the digital jiggery pokery ?

Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

Harley Hexxe

• Superhero Member

Hey Richard,

IMHO, the best thing about all the ADA preamps is that they were never modelers of any kind, they were genuine preamps with distinct amp sounds of their own.
    The digital domain has it's place and is useful in small amounts, but I wouldn't rely on it entirely. For example: the Kemper Profiler is basically another name for a modeling amp. It samples a sound at a certain setting, and tries to keep it there at all levels which is not the way the actual amp works, that it takes it's sample from.
   If the market is any indication of what I'm saying, it should be obvious by the lower powered amps that are out there. It seems that the amps you find these days are designed to give you the response that you would get with the bigger amps, but at more "bedroom-friendly" levels, so that you don't need to worry about the neighbors calling the police on you in the middle of  recording your favorite solo on your computer!

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member

Hey Harley, totally agree, When I first got a MP1 I ran up my own distinct sounds and still do.  I got loaned a Kemper a while ago for the weekend, it is well thought out etc but it profiled a bunch of amps I don't like and would never buy.  A good tool however if you wanted to mimic allot of different setups I spose, but I don't. I contemplated making a MP2 impulse for it just to try it out but never bothered in the end.  I'm quite happy (well more than happy  >:D ) with MP2, MB1 and MP1 and the tones I get from them.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

GuitarBuilder

I just got my Kemper Profiler and am looking forward to creating profiles of all my amps, including the ADA gear.
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up