ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone have a Viper?  (Read 6472 times)

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
Anyone have a Viper?
« on: Time Format »

The Viper was the last amp I saw ADA offer; I used to get the news letter ADA offered and I saw that and thought it looked really cool - did anyone on here ever own one and share your thoughts about it!  :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
www.youtube.com/dannyjoecarter
www.Faceb**k.com/dannyjoe.carter

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
Re: Anyone have a Viper?
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

I think Chucky has one and  Kim's bass player has one too if I remember correctly.

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

I remember when they came out but the local shop here in Vegas couldn't get anymore ADA gear so I never got to try it out. I would bet they are pretty wicked!!
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

I think these must be pretty rare, as over the years I've seen 3 or 4 QuadTube combo amps about but only the one Viper that I acquired.  It wasn't in perfect working order but it would really sing on the Green channel Crunch.  Stanski took ownership of it after I got the QuadTube, and one of these days he or I might get some time to go through it and fix it....

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

I think these must be pretty rare, as over the years I've seen 3 or 4 QuadTube combo amps about but only the one Viper that I acquired.  It wasn't in perfect working order but it would really sing on the Green channel Crunch.  Stanski took ownership of it after I got the QuadTube, and one of these days he or I might get some time to go through it and fix it....

Very cool Kim - I'd love to hear that!  :headbanger:
 Can it get pretty loud?
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com

Kim

• Administrator
  • If it's too Loud...you're gonna get more of THAT.
« Reply #5 on: Time Format »

Very cool Kim - I'd love to hear that!
 Can it get pretty loud?

IIRC, it's a 70 watt amp and was puh-lenty loud in my house.  I scored this insanely cheap way back then due to it "not functioning".  Seriously...I offered the guy $20 for the amp, and he agreed on the price.  :o :o :o   I darn near killed myself running with that Viper across his lawn and to my car, in fear the guy was gonna change his mind or something....  When I got it home, I opened it up to see one of the tubes loose and rattling around inside the chassis.  Plugged it back it, fired it up....and it RIPPED.  :headbanger:
Hi fives all around, but a few weeks later lost the Red channel and it went back to the Back Burner for a few years until I got the Quad Tube, then I gave the Viper to Stan.  One of these days......one of these days......POW!  we'll get that thing put back in working order. 
« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »

DannyjoeCarter

• Dannyjoe Carter
« Reply #6 on: Time Format »

Very cool Kim - I'd love to hear that!
 Can it get pretty loud?

IIRC, it's a 70 watt amp and was puh-lenty loud in my house.  I scored this insanely cheap way back then due to it "not functioning".  Seriously...I offered the guy $20 for the amp, and he agreed on the price.  :o :o :o   I darn near killed myself running with that Viper across his lawn and to my car, in fear the guy was gonna change his mind or something....  When I got it home, I opened it up to see one of the tubes loose and rattling around inside the chassis.  Plugged it back it, fired it up....and it RIPPED.  :headbanger:
Hi fives all around, but a few weeks later lost the Red channel and it went back to the Back Burner for a few years until I got the Quad Tube, then I gave the Viper to Stan.  One of these days......one of these days......POW!  we'll get that thing put back in working order.

Man you gotta be curious what happened inside that thing Kim - you got me thinking already  :lol:
Dig it out and have snoop!   :D
Owner of DeJayce Guitars
www.dejayce-guitars.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up