ADA Depot - A Forum To Support Users of ADA Amplification Gear

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need a Schematic? Check the Vault *MP-1 Classic Schematics Just Added!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Modified my ADA Stage Head  (Read 2729 times)

GuitarBuilder

Modified my ADA Stage Head
« on: Time Format »

I've long had an ADA Stage Head with MP-1, MP-1C, and MP-2.  Over time I added the ISP Decimator Pro Rack G Stereo Noise Reduction system.  Now I've completed the system with a Rockman Patchmate 8 MIDI Effects and Audio Switcher!  All are controlled by a RJM Mastermind GT16 (or Keith McMillen Softstep 2).  The case is a 5U RMC Modular Headcase with 10 AC outlets built-in.

The three ADA preamps are on MIDI channels 1,2, and 3 respectively.  The Patchmate is on MIDI channel 4.  Both the Mastermind GT16 and Softstep 2 are capable of transmitting multiple program change and continuous controller messages on multiple channels for each switch.  The RJM also has a programmable display for each foot switch, which comes in handy for preset labeling.  I wish I could use an ADA foot controller, but none have this capability.

With one switch I can select which preamp to play through, along with a starting preset; then with the RJM in instant access mode I can change the presets for it without affecting the other two preamps.  Altogether I can program the 22 switches on the RJM for any combination of preamps and presets (I doubt I will ever use the 768 maximum presets!).  I'm still working on the expression pedal hook up for MP-2.

« Last Edit: Time Format by Kim »
ADA and Rockman Heads
Marshall amps
Strats and Les Pauls

rnolan

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
Re: Modified my ADA Stage Head
« Reply #1 on: Time Format »

Nice set up  :whoohoo!: :thumb-up: , some ideas for exp pedal with MP2, I use one pedal for the stereo master volume (global setting), the other candidates are probably whah and maybe to drive the macros  :dunno: , not a feature I've experimented with yet. I'm thinking to have a MP1 + MP2 rig and bring the MP1 main outs back into the MP2 loop returns so then it will also be controlled by the MP2 master vol and also picks up MP2 tremolo and cab sims.  Not sure what the MP1 classic can do CC wise (I don't have one) but I assume it's similar to MP2 as it came after the MP2.
Studio Rig: Stuff; Live Rig: More Stuff; Guitars: A few

rADAr

« Reply #2 on: Time Format »

Cool setup! True blue!  :thumb-up:

I am considering something like this myself, putting all the preamps in one rack, and the power amp in a separate one.

I don't have a rack switcher like yours, but plan on using a Rolls mini mixer with 3 stereo inputs and one stereo output with an A/B-box for my MP-1 and a TriAxis.

ADA MP-1 2.01 Stock
ADA MP-1 1.38 w/MRDT+2.01 upgrade

MarshallJMP

• Superhero Member
    • marshalljmpmodshop.net
« Reply #3 on: Time Format »

Nice setup  :thumb-up:

@R, the classic doesn't do CC.

Chamai

« Reply #4 on: Time Format »

Looks good man.
It's really nice to see there's a group of people still using ADA stuff
ADA MP1/JCM800-- Fulltone TERC/ Eventide Eclipse /Lexicon PCM 81/ TC G Major. Marshall 9005 stereo/ (2) Rocktron 1x12 cabs
Amps:
Marshall JCM 800 100w on Orange 2x12
Marshall JCM 900 MKiii 50W 2x12
Mesa Dual Rectifier 100w on Mesa Rectifier 2x12

Guitars:
2008 Gibson Les Paul standard
2012 Fender American standard Telecaster
1984 Krammer ZX30H

Dante

• Administrator
  • Superhero Member
  • Nothing more uncommon than common sense